Saturday, March 27, 2010

Warrior

The Lord is so good and his people are absolutely amazing. I am so humbled at how our family and friends have just stepped in; willing to do whatever it took to care for us and our children. It is through the body of Christ that we have been blessed. John Asher won't remember a minute of this time, but we will forever remind him of the people that prayed for him and how believers scattered across America united in prayer, praying for the life of this little guy. And God answers prayer. He didn't choose to heal his heart before he came to us, but instead healed it through the hands of an amazing surgeon, Dr. Kogan, and an incredible caring staff here at Egleston. We are so grateful.

They've just about got him off of oxygen and he is breathing completely on his own. They've decreased his blood pressure medicine and have even given him a bottle, which he chugged like a champ. Papa and I have been calling him our little warrior since he fights hard for life.

*****

That was yesterday; today John Asher took about one step back. He has been vomiting quite frequently and has not produced a bowel movement. He is back on medicine to regulate his blood pressure and heart rate. His belly is quite swollen from the gas in his belly and to remedy that they are putting a tube in his mouth to get the gas out and hopefully stop some of the vomiting.

I know I am a mother and many people think mother's worry too much. But I know my little guy well enough to know he isn't having a great day today and he needs some extra prayers. He is truly a warrior and we are so grateful to know he won't give up. We aren't able to see him for a while this afternoon as the doctors try to get him better. Just please keep him in your prayers. We still believe the Lord is good, that he is in control and that we are at an amazing hospital with a staff of doctors and nurses that truly care. We still believe his healing will take place, it is just going to take a little longer because he is a little older having this surgery.

God's word and prayer are keeping us lifted up and resting in peace.

If I have internet access again, I'll update when I know more.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Robyn and Jeremiah,
We are praying for John Asher's healing and for your strength and courage as you walk through these trying times.
Going before the Father on your behalf!
Bryan and Lisa Miller

Jeanniemb1 said...

We are stepping up our prayers for your little warrior. Love you!
Jeff, Jeannie, and Girls

Anonymous said...

I haven't even seem John Asher and he's already touch my heart I can't imagine how much you must love him. We are praying for him and your whole family daily as you walk this rocky road. Please let us know if we can do anything to help you.

Mike Huff & family

Thanks for Visiting!