Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One week, one day

We had our scheduled cardiologist appt today and during the ultrasound John Asher's oxygen dropped to 26%! After our stories about his behavior at home, our wonderful cardiologist that we love, Dr. Johnson, sent him straight to Egleston Children's Hospital tonight. Jeremiah is there with him now, settling in, and I am home with our other children. They are going to monitor and evaluate him tonight, sedate him to do another ultrasound and we are looking at surgery either tomorrow or Thursday. Once we have more information I will be going to Atlanta as well. We ask for your diligent prayers, once again, as our little child faces major heart surgery. His diagnosis is Tetraology of Fallot, the most common cyanotic heart condition. We knew this is what we were faced with, but we have no idea what we are about to walk through. A friend from my home church sent me this quote: If God brought you to it, he will bring you through it! And so we are resting on the promise that God will never leave us nor forsake us and that we are not to be afraid, but to be strong and courageous, for the Lord our God is with us!

2 comments:

Reagan said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Give John Asher a hug from us.

Reagan,James,Syd and Alex

DiJo said...

Robyn,
I am so glad I got your message!! I will be praying for your precious baby... And, for peace and strength for you and your family!!!

Hugs and prayers lifting you up from MN!
~Diana

Thanks for Visiting!