Sunday, March 14, 2010

From Jeremiah....

Dearest Friends,
We should be landing in Atlanta about 2 hours from now, but we must have made a wrong turn in Albuquerque. Seriously it has been a long trying day for the Beall's. It all started out well, the kids were all hyped up about going home today. Their parents were pretty jazzed as well. But for the second time this trip snow delayed our flight out of Beijing. That is a story in an of itself; I set a new personal best. Longest time sitting on an airplane and not going anywhere. We boarded the plane at 8:30 for a 9:00 flight. Comfortably seated on the Air Bus 330-200 the captain came on the intercom and informed us due to the snow the plane would have to be de-iced. No worries about 40 minutes and we would be on our way. About 40 minutes later the captain informed us we were number 5 in queue to be de-iced about 40 more minutes. After that 40 minute interval expired we heard the captain again, we are still number 5 for deicing and it looks to be about 30 minutes per plane. After that interval expired we once again heard the captain say I am not even going to guess how long this is going to take, we have ordered food and beverages that will be on the plane shortly and we will have the flight attendants pass them out. For those of you who lost count 40 minutes + 40 minutes + 150 minutes = 230 minutes after we boarded the plane when the captain was nice enough to order food and say he has no idea when we will leave.
Emilie Grace calmly explained to me, Jeremiah, dad I have been able to watch 3 really long movies and we are still in Beijing. Just how long have we been on the plane. It would be approximately 6 hours and 27 minutes after we boarded the plane that we would actually take off for Tokyo.
All that aside; the kids were great for the almost 10 hours on the plane today and we are all safe at the Tokyo Raddison getting some much needed rest. Tomorrow round 2; provided there are no problems we will be back home tomorrow.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and we look forward to seeing you all soon. I ask for grace in grammar and spelling for this blog post as today has been a long one.

6 comments:

Jeanniemb1 said...

No worries...grace abounds! We will continue to pray you have a safe flight home and that the time flies by (no pun intended). :-) Love you guys! Look forward to meeting little John Asher!

Rochelle said...

Oh dear! I am sorry to hear of the delays but there's a reason and purpose in everything. Just hard to see and understand it at the time when you're tired and ready to be home. Get some rest, have a safe flight home tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Oh Robyn and Jeremiah, I just want to cry for you. I am so so sorry. I can't imagine having to sit so long knowing how long it's going to be once you are in the air! Still praying for you guys, though maybe I should have been doing it a little louder. (just kidding, I don't suppose that's the way it works.
April

Jenna said...

OH, that's just awful. complete torture! You are being so gracious....that's a LOT to take. I am praying that your next leg of the journey will be uneventful! I'm longing for home FOR you!!!!!

Susanne Henry said...

Oh no, how awful! I hope you are home now and enjoying some mac and cheese :) We are enjoying a nice sunny day in Colorado. I took Tyler on his first stroller ride along with the two dogs, which was a challenge. The dogs and I have to practice some more... Ty, however, had fun.

Oh, and we are sorry we took the snake toy from McDonald's and didn't return it to you, but I have to tell you that it's Ty's most favorite toy in the world.

We miss y'all!
Susi, Bob and Tyler from Colorado

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a crazy ride home - so sorry!! Welcome Home! Can't wait to you to settle in your new normal!

Thanks for Visiting!