(This is a two part posting today, please scroll down to see the latest update on John Asher's heart) It was the milk of molasses enema. Two ounces of milk, mixed with two ounces of molasses. For all my natural loving friends, the staff at the hospital tried every medicinal enema and suppository they had and it produced nothing. But a little milk and molasses produced plenty of poop! The best part of this story (from Jeremiah) is that the nurse, a specialist in gastrointestinal issues, her name is Brenda Middlebrooks. Her initials? You guessed right: B.M. Jeremiah said she was hilarious and she even made up a song about poop to a Michael Jackson tune that she sang while she worked. She loves her job and is apparently pretty good at it. So good they call her the poo poo express. I'm not making this stuff up! At any rate, we are so thankful for her and the work she did in our son's colon! We love you nurse B.M.
(BTW, Jenna, this post was especially for you!)
6 comments:
Hi Robyn,
My name is Robin. I received your blog info from our Children's ministry leader at my church in Statesboro, GA. We are in the process of adopting a six year old boy from China and she thought your blog might be encouraging to me. I have loved reading about your process. Our son also has a serious heart condition so we may have some questions for you when you have a free moment. (I know with what is going on that may not come for a long time so don't worry about getting back to me any time soon). We had our LID in Feb. and we are waiting to technically be matched and then onto the TA. The Lord has really led us to this adoption and we cannot begin to express the blessings we have already received. It is amazing. I (WE) will be praying for all of you as you continue on with medical issues and adjustments in your family. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us who are in the middle of this journey. God's blessings to you all and if you would like to email me directly you can at: robinspitler@gmail.com
Thanks again for taking the time to read my note :)
Praise the Lord and Hallelujah for poop! I've been waiting to see this! Almost screamed out in my office when i saw the title! Funny story about the nurse too - guess she found her calling in life, huh?
Oh, and the picture below of John Asher looking up at Jeremiah.... brings tears to my eyes. We'll keep the prayers going over here. You're turning the corner, I know it!
{{hugs}}, jennifer
Thanks, Robyn, I appreciate it!!! I literally cheered out loud when I read it!! :) Only a mom can get excited about poop!! :)
So glad to hear it, now I'm off to read the other part of today's post! :)
He is a Super Dooper Pooper! Praise the Lord!
Yay for POOP! The staff there at Egleston is so amazing and if anyone can get the bowels moving, it's them! Have y'all met Jeremy or Richard yet? They are some amazing CICU nurses that we especially loved.
You all remain in my prayers and I hope that all of these baby steps keep up until John Asher is home, where he belongs!
Never thought I'd be praising poop but there's a first for everything I suppose! Well keep the prayers coming.
The Huff's
Post a Comment