Thursday, March 04, 2010

New Day

Madi Beth and Eli in the lobby of the Crowne Plaza Hotel
Today was a good day and we saw so much more of our son's personality. Today he actually began to play with us and by later this evening he was playing peek a boo, totally initiated by him! He is definately attached to Jeremiah and his father. I can talk to him and play with him without fuss, but I cannot hold him nor feed him. So again, I am just taking small steps to earn his trust and love and let him know I love him and I will not abandon him.
As I write this it is 10:15PM and Jeremiah is walking the halls with a very fussy baby. He seems to be grieving it hard tonight. He has not cried much all day, but tonight he has been crying for the last two hours. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will calm him down and that Jeremiah will be filled with the Lord's spirit and have wisdom to know what to do. He is so used to praying for me as I deal with the fussy children and I can tell the crying is starting to get to him. He loves this little boy so much, but there is only so much crying a daddy can take!
This morning we went to a pretty cool museum that showcases the history of the Henan Province. I tried to take it all in, knowing my son's story begins here. Tomorrow we will do a little bit of shopping for a special keepsake from this province for John Asher. It will be our last day in Zhengzhou and we leave late tomorrow evening to fly to Guangzhou. We are praying for warmer weather and blue skies. We would actually love to see the sun again! Please pray for a safe, smooth flight (I really don't like turbulence). It will also be John Asher's first.
Enjoy the pictures and I will write again - next time from Guangzhou!
Gracie seems to have the touch!

5 comments:

Leigh Ann Harris said...

Emilie Grace,
I am so proud of you! It looks like you know just how to make John Asher happy! You have such a big job to be the oldest to your three siblings...and you are doing such a great job! Keep up the great work! I love you! Miss Leigh Ann

Rochelle said...

Robyn and Jeremiah, I really am enjoying following your journey. John Asher looks great in the photos! I loved seeing the new photos with smiles and giggles and hugs for siblings. It may seem hard right now (been there, done that) but its working. Stay the course! Keep trying, don't give up! He will soon be wrapped around your finger, too, Robyn. It just takes time. Remember, you (Robyn) are having to bond to one child (John Asher) right now. John Asher is having to bond to alot of people (Jeremiah, Robyn, three siblings, grandparents, etc.) So, bottom line, he's bonding one at a time, and it may happen "out of order" from what we might assume would be normal (Mommy, Daddy, Siblings, Grandparents). When we got Kina, she SCREAMED all of the time. The families in our travel group could tell whenever I tried to get a shower because her screaming intensified from the moment I put her down or tried to hand her to Brian. She really seemed to HATE Brian - and, although this may not be what you want to hear, it went on for months. She finally got better with him but it was a long hard few months. I say this not to scare you but to comfort you and prepare you - because I believe if you know that it will happen in time, you won't be as anxious about it and worried because its not happening right now. I know that I was and looking back I think that made things worse on all of us. Just try to relax, enjoy your family, be as close and as involved as you can be with John Asher. If Jeremiah holds him but allows you (Robyn) to feed him, he'll learn food comes from Mommy. That might help in terms of moving along the bonding and "win him over" as you said Gracie did with the Pringles. In other words, try and show him that you are a team working together for his benefit. I know you're probably already doing it but I also remember how exhausted I was from all the screaming and I would have done anything or tried anything that anyone suggested just to get some peaceful rest, sleep and a feeling that there was hope for the future! Love really does make a huge difference, and you will begin to see more and more of the real John Asher in the days and weeks to come. I will continue to pray for you and Jeremiah, for patience for both of you and for peace/comfort for John Asher. I am confident that your love will win him over - its just really hard when we're faced with this situation when we've all waited so very long for this sweet little one and when they are finally here with us and we feel a bit rejected or left out, it really can wear on your soul. Just know God is with you, He brought you this far for a purpose and a reason, and this whole journey is being played out just as its supposed to be. He's in your corner, and He is in control. Pour your love out and it will be returned - maybe not in your timing but in HIS timing. Hang in there! We love y'all and look forward to hearing from you when you reach GZ. Have a safe trip!

Love,
Rochelle

Jenna said...

OK- I LOVE that picture of John Asher and Gracie!!! LOVE IT!!!!

You know, as I was reading this, I remembered when you were reviewing John Asher's file and wondering if this indeed was the son God had chosen for your family. I remember you telling me that Jeremiah was SURE. He was just SURE it was his son- even while you were still wondering. It was like God placed John Asher right in his heart- and maybe the bond between them was there even before they met. I just think it is kind of cool that he KNEW, and it's like John Asher knows in a way too.

But, you and I both know that boys LOVE their mamas....so, I htink you should enjoy the bonding between Jeremiah and John Asher while it lasts. Because, all in due time, he will decide it's YOU he wants 24/7. I love how you are truly thinking of john Asher and his needs first....I'm sure it can be emotionally hard, but this is just the first few days. Things WILL get better! I'm praying for you all!!!

Mama Leigh Ann said...

Very well said, Jenna...I have been thinking the same thing about how J. just knew..he was so confident that this was your child.
And, the picture of Grace with him is just precious! I am so proud of her!
Sending you a big hug!! Leigh Ann

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Robyn - I am praying that your love & God's peace will cover John Asher as he grieves! And that God would infiltrate you & Jeremiah's hearts so that you can be exactly what your new son needs you to be right now.

Here's to hoping for sunny skies!!

Thanks for Visiting!