Wednesday, March 03, 2010

There is Hope in the Name of the Lord

We saw more than just a glimpse of our son’s personality today. What a welcomed relief that was! He actually laughed and played some today and allowed me to hold him. Jeremiah and his father traveled with a guide to Anyang City and the orphanage as well as the little village John Asher was born in. They were gone for most of the day and that left Lou and I with all four kids. For me, it was a day I was forced to find ways to care for my son who did not want me. However, by midday he was much more responsive to my care and love. Although I quickly discovered that he truly prefers men over women when he went to another man (Bob) in our group and laughed and played and sat in his lap but with me he just whined and fussed. Once Jeremiah got home with Papa, he quickly cheered up and was ready to play again. He will let me hold him now and rock him to sleep but still does not like to take a bottle from me. That’s ok, it’s all about the small steps. And now I feel a little more confident that everything will be ok. It is going to take some time and he is still grieving pretty hard, but I can see where he was very loved and spoiled and just needs to know we will love him the same, if not more! Baby steps.

I am a little behind in posting pictures, I sent entirely too many to Leigh Ann to try to publish and I thank her immensely! I will try to get some more of John Asher up before I go to bed. Jeremiah took the cameras with him on his trip, so I didn’t have any recent pictures to send of him – they weren’t loaded up on the computer yet!

The Lord is answering our prayers and thank you so much for interceding on our behalf. We cannot express to you how much it means!

Love to you all!

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting!