Friday, March 05, 2010

Short but Sweet

We are about to leave for Guangzhou and it is snowing up a storm outside. Travel conditions may delay our flight so when you wake up, please pray for a safe flight into Guangzhou. We love you all and are on our last leg of our journey.
Enjoy the pictures from Walmart food and the squatty potties!

7 comments:

Leigh Ann Harris said...

Only a Southern girl would say, "Snowing up a storm!"....loved it! :) Praying y'all had a safe flight to GZ!! Let us hear from you as soon as you can!

Football and Fried Rice said...

love the yummy delicacies! What did you pick up for dinner?

I wonder why we never thought to take a picture of the squatty potties - we sure used enough of them :)

Safe Travels to Guangzhou!

Jeanniemb1 said...

I am SO glad to finally see a squatty potty...I have heard so much about them! We're praying for a safe flight with no delays.
Love You!

Jenna said...

THANK YOU for the pictures of the squatty potties.....oh, how i have WONDERED how bad they could be. I have to say, they were worse in my imagination, but I'm fairly certain one of us will pee all over ourselves at some point while we are there. I'm going to do what I can to avoid bathrooms at all cost except in our rooms (please tell me there are western toilets in the rooms)!!! :)

Flying and I don't agree, and flying in a snowstorm in China would be last on my list of things I'd like to do....SO, I will be on my knees praying for you all! I can't wait to hear of your safe arrival and to see the fun you have in Guangzhou! I'm sure you are longing for home at this point......I'm praying that you are able to enjoy this last leg of the trip as much as the first leg of the trip!!!!

Jenna said...

Another Tami/Sophie Update! :) :

Sophie continues to improve...thank the Lord. She's napping right now after a busy morning. She has been eating and drinking well, and was up and moving around in her wheelchair this morning. Sophie states she LOVES her 'new wheels'..lol. Thank goodness it has a safety belt! Between her need for speed, and Owen pushing, this definitely spells TROUBLE;-). PT is going to help her try out her walker this afternoon.

The doctors plan on switching Sophie's pain med from the epidural she still has, to oral tylenol with codeine. She had her first oral dose this morning, and after her second, they plan on capping the epi line, and see how she does. PLEASE pray that her comfort remains, and that her stomach tolerates the oral med. Sophie still has been vomiting off and on a bit, so I am a little worried. If she does well with this transition, we would be going home tomorrow...Yippeeee!!! If the epi line has to be started again because she's in too much pain, that would push us another day.

Nathan and Owen are doing well with my parents, though they miss their sister, and keep asking when we'll be coming home. Not too much longer guys...we love you!!

I'll try and post some pictures later if time allows.

-----------------------------

Then another update later in the day:

Sophie is doing great....it's actually quite remarkable. They stopped the epi around 1:00PM, and here it is just about 6:00pm, and she is TOTALLY COMFORTABLE....she says she has no pain. She is even past due for her Tylenol with codeine.

I am praising God in a big way right now.

Totally unbelievable.

We're scheduled to leave tomorrow morning. Yeah!

Thank you all for praying...it's working miracles.

GOD IS SO GOOD!

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice squatty potty! The ones in companies owned by Westerners are generally nicer. You need to find one in some place truely Chinese, sometimes its one long trough, maybe separted into stalls but still with the trough running down the whole side of a wall with everything draining to one end. One day after apparently eating at one less sanitary resturant a student was walking with me back to my room. She said, "you Americans sure walk fast"! If she had only known why! Still praying for you all! Potties, planes, sleep, food and all.

Jenna said...

OK, "anonymous", you're bursting my bubble! :)

Praying for you guys. Hopefully the fact that there hasn't been a post means you have sketchy internet or you've been busy or whatever....not that there has been any issues!!!

Thanks for Visiting!