Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Calling All Prayer Warriors!

Hi Friends and Family,
This is not the blog post I had intended to write this time, but I am in serious need of your prayers. It may sound so minor, but it is having a major effect on our family. Madilyn is not doing well. She has a serious case of homesickness and she is acting out like we have never seen before. We are trying to discipline while still loving her and showing her as much attention as humanly possible. I think it is a combination of a new baby that has required a lot of our attention as well as really missing home. She always has been our homebody. It is lunchtime now and I have brought her back to the room for a nap. I am praying she sleeps some of this off (she has not had a regular bedtime in two weeks and pretty limited sleep as we've kept late hours and early mornings). We all have pretty bad head colds and are still keeping a pretty busy schedule.
On the upside, John Asher seems to be feeling a little bit better and we have seen some improvements in his mood, less crying and he even let me take him to breakfast and feed him this morning.
I know the Lord is with us, and I really need him to be with Madilyn right now. Thanks everyone! We love you!

7 comments:

Leigh Ann Harris said...

I can really relate to how Madilyn is feeling....I was very homesick too! It's weird to think that you could be homesick when you are surrounded by your family....but it can happen. She is ready for her bed, her toys, her food on her table, her van, her Nana, her normal life. I will be praying for Madilyn today as you sleep...that she feels rested tomorrow morning when she wakes up! Thank you for allowing us to pray for her! Tell her we love her...and she will be home soon!

Jeanniemb1 said...

We'll definitely pray.

Trey and Cheri said...

Thinking and praying for all of you today especially Madilyn. So glad to hear that John Asher is feeling better and coming around. I love the latest pictures too. He is too cute in his little brother shirt! Love to all of you - Cheri

Jenna said...

That's tough.....I know well how difficult it is to deal with any extra stress in life when you have a sleep-deprived child. To add your not feeling well on top of it all.....I can imagine that it's been difficult! That doesn't sound minor to me at all.

I will absolutely be praying! But keep remembering that this will all get MUCH better once you are home and are back on track form the jet lag. Remember those first few weeks home with a new baby when you seriously wonder if you'll make it to the 6 week mark (when everyone told me it got easier)? It's a HUGE adjustment, but you will ALL make it through!!!

Good for you for doing what you can to give her what she needs to gain her equilibrium and also set firm limits. It's a tough balance!!

Praying for ALL of you!!!

Heather said...

We're all still praying. Joshua sends this message to Madilyn: "Have a good time on cation, miss you, see you soon!

I'm sure you can translate!
Heather

thefamilyborg said...

You don't know us but we are a family who traveled to China with Leigh Anne Harris (Sarah Joy's family) and also know the Dahl family you are traveling with now! We have been following your blog and want you to know you and your entire family have our prayers and good wishes. What a hard yet wonderful time for you guys. Hang in there and just breathe!
The Borgeson Family

Guitarmoms said...

Well---- China is a LONG way from home, and it's been a LONG exciting trip. There is a peace that comes from knowing that God is found in the quiet still moments. I pray that there be moments of stillness upon which you all may find nurture for your body and soul as you find ways to be in the stillness of God's presence. Just as He who holds the universe- Know that He holds you gently in His care. Be still and know God is present.

Thanks for Visiting!