Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Just too cute not to post!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Leigh Ann Harris said...

Eli is so stinkin' cute...and that little Chinese one beside him sure is tugging at my heart strings! Thank you so much for all of the pictures! They are great...especially seeing your smiling faces. Just "talked" to your mom through FB and she is really missing you...I told her that I understood...I am missing you like crazy and I wouldn't even be seeing you anyway. Hope ya'll have a wonderful Thursday! Love you lots...kiss all the kiddos for me!

Jenna said...

OK, did Eli age 2 years since you got there??? Suddenly he looks MUCH older to me!!!

Here are the updates from Tami: Her first post when Sophie went into surgery:

ophie went into surgery around 11:30am.

Sophie continues to inspire and win the hearts of many without even trying.

Her spirit remained strong, and she continued to emanate peace and acceptance right up to being brought into the OR.

John and I are totally impressed with everyone we have encountered at Shriners so far. You can tell they are experts at dealing with children and have not over looked any detail.

I was able to carry Sophie into the OR and stay with her until she fell asleep. There, she was asked her favorite song, and she answered Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. As she sat on the OR bed in my arms, everyone in the OR room sang with her before and while the anesthesia was given. She calmly fell asleep in my arms.

John and I are doing well. All your prayers are being felt. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

We'll keep you posted.

God is good.
---------------------------

Her next post after Sophie came out of surgery:

Sophie is out of surgery and doing very well, all things considered. Everything went as planned....no surprises...PTL!!! She is a little weepy......wanting to go home. Taking everything one step at a time...reminding Sophie she's not always going to feel the way she does right now.

Please continue to pray for her comfort and quick healing.

Thank you all for lifting us up in prayer...it's truly been carrying us.

I'll try and post some pictures at some point.

God is good.
--------------------
I'll post more updates when Tami does! :)

Guitarmoms said...

What a great series of posts seeing you and your WHOLE family including John Asher in China. I'm sure that it has been a whirlwind visit filled with appointments etc, but it looks like you have found time to do some "touristy" type things which I'm sure the children will fondly remember. Looking forward to seeing you some time in the NOT so distant future. God Bless you with travel mercies, patience, and good health as you return to the U.S.

Jenna said...

Another Tami Update: :)

Sophie did very well last night. Only woke up when the nurses came in to take her vitals, and fell back to sleep. She's had some vomiting due to the anesthesia yesterday, but seems to be doing much better today. She had a popsicle this morning, and that seems to be staying down:-). Sophie left the OR with an epidural and says she has no pain. They are going to try and get her sitting today, and hopefully on some solid food. She just said she wants some toast:-).

--------------------

There were pictures too, but you'll have to check those out when you get HOME! :)

Trey and Cheri said...

I agree with Jenna. Eli looks so grown up in this picture. He's going to be a great big brother. We had the 2 year olds in extended session this past Sunday and we missed Eli!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love that big cheesy smile :) someone is very happy to be a big brother!!

Thanks for Visiting!