Friday, April 23, 2010

Sunshine at last!

***Pictures to come tomorrow*** Today was a big day! John Asher came off his final medicine - Milerone - that has to be taken through and IV. After careful observation for two hours, I was able to take him for a ride in the Red Wagon! First thing I did was to take that boy outside for some sunshine! He loved it so much, he fell asleep. Hey, that's what I do when lying in the sun! Like mother, like son. I'll post some sweet pictures tomorrow. His lungs are doing well, still draining pretty significantly - but some of that may be due to yesterday's excitement and his spicy temper coming back. His precious nurse, Jenna, helped me give him a bath today and guess what? He doesn't like sponge baths anymore than he likes soaking in the tub! He has also decided that he really does not like a bottle and refuses to have it put in his mouth. This may be due to the thrush he has developed from one of the respiratory medicines he is required to take. So he is also being treated for that as well. This mother is going to retire for the night and I'll finish this post tomorrow by adding some sweet pictures of JA!

2 comments:

DiJo said...

YAY!!! I hope today is sunny too!!!!

Hugs from MN!
~Diana

April said...

Awesome to hear JA doing so well! Lee's dad has gotten thrush from breathing treatments, too. He's discovered he can tolerate ensure mixed with ice cream. Maybe you could mix formula with ice cream?lol. Harvey is also getting pretty fiesty about going home, but much less so than we he was totally medicated. I really think the two of them should talk:)
April

Thanks for Visiting!