Thank you so much for all your kind words of encouragement, prayers and curiosity. It reminds us of how loved we really are!
John Asher is still stable and doing ok. The heart cath was done on Friday and the only procedure done was to take pictures. The pressure in both chambers of his heart was high, but they were well balanced with each other, so the pin sized hole was not needed. Once again, the Lord answered our prayers. However, what they found was that John Asher's heart is very stiff and it just needs more time to recover. They have more medicines and other avenues they have yet to try, more aggressive treatments. They said we should expect several more weeks in CICU – I took that to mean 3 – 5, maybe more. And while God has not answered our prayers as quickly as we wanted, we feel confident that John Asher will recover and the Lord will heal him completely. We realize it may just take time, more time than we wanted to wait, but we also know that waiting on the Lord is never on our time table.
As things move a little more slowly and there isn't as much to update you on, we just ask that you please remember our son and continue to pray for his complete healing. We are believing God for that.
Since we now know that we are looking at an extended stay, Jeremiah and I have to tackle parenting responsibilities a little differently. The kids have missed their dad being at home and I have missed my son, so we are going to begin trading off between home and the hospital. This will mean frequent changes at home and a good bit of driving, but until Jeremiah goes back to work, this is what we feel is best for right now. So we would like to ask that you pray for that as well, travels mercies and safety and adaptability for the children.
One bit of good news is that flu season is officially over and the siblings are allowed back in the CICU as well as anyone 18 and over. The kids are thrilled that they get to see their baby brother again and we hope this will be a way to renew their bond with him. As I type, Gracie and her daddy are on their way to see him. She is beyond thrilled, a little scared of the unknown but confident this is what she wants to do. We ask that you be in prayer for that as well.
I promise to keep updating as news comes and want to say again how grateful for everyone praying for him. We are beyond blessed and we know the Lord is receiving all the glory through this trial! We praise him, even in this storm!
5 comments:
Robyn,
My love and prayers are with you. Tell Gracie how proud I am of her. Tell her Miss Pam loves her and all her brotherS and sister. We pray and then we will pray some more.
Love you all
Pam G
Oh, Robyn,
I don't know what to say. On one hand, I'm so sorry that this is going to be such a long road for John Asher and for you all as a family. But, the other part of me is just glad he'll be getting great care, and just sort of glad to hear that while the healing may indeed be slow, it IS happening, and maybe slow healing is the BEST kind of healing? The kind that will prevent future issues if the heart is really taking the time to relearn things at this point!
I'm praying for sure- please don't feel the need to get to your computer to post updates!
Oh how I wish I was there to help out in some way. That's the hard thing about blogging friends- it's hard to be there for them when you aren't THERE!
Robyn and Jeremiah,
I'm so glad that John Asher came through the cath OK and didn't need to get the hole placement.
We will be up at Egleston this Friday for Cabell's next transplant clinic and I'd love to swing by the CICU (our old stomping grounds) and introduce myself and say hi to whoever is with John Asher that day, if that is alright. When we were living at Egleston, it always helped us so much to meet and speak with other families who had "been there, done that" and I'd like to offer that to y'all, if you'd like. Also, you can meet Cabell and see the AMAZING things that come out of Egleston, just as John Asher will be in the not-too-distant future!
You all remain in my prayers,
Amy Stewart
(Ann Beall Galletta's employee)
Hey You!
I just wanted you to know that I am checking in on you and John Asher! I am so sorry that things are taking longer than expected... But, it sounds like he is getting wonderful care. As you said, God's timing is not always our timing. But, He knows!! He had you in China at the very perfect time to save your son's life.
Blessings to you as you wait upon the Lord!
Hugs from MN!
Diana
Robyn, since you left a comment on our blog, I looked at your story and have been praying so much for your family. Then Diana left me a comment with your blog site...I didn't know yall were in China together! Anyway, I only have computer access when my husband is here with me, so I just HAD to send you a note that I am thinking and praying for you in a hospital not far away...I can relate to so many of your emotions about being away from your other children...our hearts are in two different places, aren't they? Home and hospital. Thankfully, this is not forever. It makes me so look forward to Heaven...where there will be NO hospitals amen? In the meantime, we can be lights right where we are, and your family is doing just that.
We just got news today that tomorrow may bring the numbers we need for Kevin's clotting issues...and I must say, my hopes are WAY HIGH! I am praying today you get much hope...that your precious son will improve more and more everyday. He is such a doll, even with the oxygen...
You are doing a GREAT job; your strength is evident, and I know it is CHRIST IN YOU!
I'll keep praying...
Love,
Laine
Post a Comment