Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting Stronger

I like to have a say in what is on that tv. I have a new play area! So much fun to sit up and have some play time! Notice the new chest tube on my side. They have this one taped down so well that I can't even begin to pull it out!
But do you notice the NG tube through my nose? It's no longer there. Since I couldn't get to my chest tube, I yanked out the NG tube today! Told you I was getting stronger! My first time outside in over a month! My sweet nurse, Jenna, let mommy take me out into the garden for just a few minutes. I loved it! Boy, that sunshine sure is bright! I don't remember it being this bright in China.

A wagon ride can wear me out! I think I'll just take a little nap....

4 comments:

Jeanniemb1 said...

He looks great! i know y'all are so ready to be home together as a family. We're still praying!

Leigh Ann Harris said...

So, so cute!!!! I know he loved that wagon ride. Do you have one at home?? If not...I bet the stroller will do the trick!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Completely adorable!!! I am so happy he is getting stronger and hopefully coming home soon!!!
Blessings!

MamaStew said...

Love, love, LOVE the pictures and I love the progress that John Asher is making. We will continue to pray for a discharge in the near future (Tuesday!).
That is so funny about the brownie. At 16 months old, Cabell is STILL not eating solids like that yet (too many months of sensory deprivation in the hospital), but I am looking forward to his first brownie, too.
As far as the feeding tube goes: It can seem daunting and it is nerve-wracking, always checking for placement and worrying about how long he'll need it for. We took Cabell home on an NG tube after his transplant, but he had enough of that about 3 weeks after getting home. I know John Asher will be back to the bottle in no time.
We love nurse Jenna, too. In fact, she was the first nurse we had last summer that said, "Hey, do y'all WANT to take him outside?" We didn't even know he was allowed to go outside and here she was offering to take us! If you see her again, please tell her hi from Brad, Amy, and Cabell :)
I look forward to seeing some new pictures of J.A. at HOME soon!
Amy Stewart

Thanks for Visiting!