After a morning of oh no's, uh oh's and what if's we were finally discharged around 4pm! It was an amazing feeling walking out of that hospital with our son, exactly five weeks to the day that he was admitted.
The kids came up last night and we stayed with some sweet new friends that opened their home to us. What a blessing they were to our family. Thank you Alan, Sarah and Elizabeth! Jeremiah stayed at the hospital with John Asher for his last night there. Believe it or not, it was actually a little sad saying goodbye to the place we've called second home the last five weeks, and to all the friends and doctors we've gotten to know so well. We most definitely will be visiting!
John Asher will be monitored closely over the next several weeks for arrhythmia and other potential post surgical problems. However, I feel confident he will do just fine! This kid has a will to live, and he will tell you all about it! J
Of course we came home on several meds that John Asher will slowly be weaned off of over the next six months or so as well as a feeding tube. Something this momma was not too thrilled about, but lamented and gave in. It will be helpful for administering his medicines every four to six hours! However, just as my motherly instincts told me, as soon as we got home, John Asher took a bottle, a whole four ounces and ate a delicious meal that included potatoes! That boy loves him some potatoes.
There was a lot of happiness, sadness and closure in this day. Our happiness surrounded John Asher's homecoming. Sadness welled up in our hearts when we learned that an infant baby went home to be with the Lord today, something we had hoped and prayed would not happen. We met her parents at the Ronald McDonald House when we first arrived. Please lift them up to the Lord as they grieve their loss and struggle through this hard time. Closure was given as we left the hospital with great peace and God revealed himself to us yet again, through rainbows, four of them. A rainbow is the sign of God's promise to his people and we knew God was going to bring our son home, in his time. He did just that, and gave us a rainbow to remind us that he brought us to it and brought us through it. Jeremiah says it was icing on the cake.
We are so grateful to the wonderful doctors and nurses that gave our son exceptional care. We are blessed to have the support of friends and family that stood by our side through the adoption, the surgery and recovery. We are loved by a God who is faithful and has a passion for orphans and for family. And we have the most wonderful prayer warriors anyone could ask for. Thank you to everyone that interceded on our son's behalf, in the good and the bad and prayed for his complete healing and recovery. We love you all!
*********Blogger will not let me post pictures tonight so I promise to post them tomorrow. There are some cute ones!********************
7 comments:
WELCOME HOME!!!!
{sigh}
Finally.
I'm so glad y'all are home! i came by yesterday afternoon, but just missed y'all :( I look forward to reading about all your new adventures with John Asher. You will definitely have to bring him to visit!
Waaaahooooo! Finally home! I came by as you were carrying him in the door but didn't want to interupt your family homecoming (not to mention I was soaking wet after getting caught at soccer in a down pour). We will keep you and JA in our prayers.
So happy for you guys. Will keep on praying as you settle in at home. Dan & Kim Dovidio
I am so glad to hear you are finally HOME! What a journey it has been and it must feel wonderful to have all of your family together again under one roof! I will continue to keep John Asher in my prayers as you settle back into family life!
I am so glad to read that you are home! I know how great it feels. I also understand how leaving is bittersweet in a way you almost don't expect. We were in the hospital exactly 5 weeks as well!
I will continue to pray for your little guy! Still so overjoyed that you are finally home.
Love,
Kelly
Just the news I was hoping to see :) Coming home with so many meds, NG tube, etc. can feel quite overwhelming, but it all becomes a "new normal" quite quickly. Welcome home, John Asher!
Amy Stewart
Post a Comment