3. We would really like for John Asher to begin taking a bottle again. This is not mandatory for going home, but it would be really nice to not have to worry with a feeding tube at home.
2. His chest x-ray tomorrow morning needs to look real good, no fluid around the lungs.
1. John Asher's chest tube needs to completely stop draining. Completely! Today it has drained 26cc's. We need zero!
We are very close to coming home. Last week Dr. Kogan thought we would be ready by Monday, but since his chest tube is still draining a good bit, it might be Tuesday or Wednesday. We are praying for Tuesday. I will know a lot more tomorrow morning.
Last night I went home to be with the rest of my family and Grandma and Papa stayed with John Asher. They left this morning around 10 and I couldn't arrive until 11:30. (Gracie sang in church and I wanted to be there for her.) However, the entire drive to Egleston felt like it took forever and all I could think about was my baby boy lying in his room for and hour and a half with no one to comfort him. When I finally got here and he saw me he started crying and I picked him up and we had a good cry together. I feel like this was such a monumental moment of bonding for us – one I have longed for over the past several weeks. He loves for me to hold him and as long as I am here with him, he doesn't cry when the nurses come in to check vitals and such. I feel like he has developed a sense of trust in me and knows that I love him. It warms this momma's heart!
My mom, Nana, came to sit with me this evening and took me out for some yummy gourmet pizza! I enjoyed her company as we took John Asher out in the garden for a stroll and let him feel that cool Hotlanta breeze blow through his hair. However, I was so disappointed to have missed our family that stopped by. Aunt Tish and Uncle Emmitt, when we get discharge will come see you and bring John Asher to you! J
One funny story before I go to bed: John Asher has been eating few solids and I've been working with him on his bottle/sippy cup. With my other kids, chocolate is always a good "encourager" so tonight I ordered JA a brownie in hopes of "encouraging" him. After two bites of mashed potatoes and peas he spotted the brownie and began doing all he could to get to that brownie. Every time I offered him potatoes or peas he would purse his lips and refuse. I broke down and opened the brownie and he immediately opened his mouth for some. Almost five weeks in the hospital and he forgot how to take a bottle but he sure hasn't forgotten how to eat chocolate! I always knew he was my son! J
2 comments:
Greg just reminded me of our Dr.'s YooHoo recommendation - might be great in a sippy cup! (seriously, it was recommended w/ Joshua when he was in the hospital and was dehydrated. He finally started drinking when he tasted the choco. drink!)
Still praying!
Pittmans
So praying sweet John Asher home!
Blessings!!!
Post a Comment