His heart rhythm is still irregular; this happens approx. 10 – 15 times in an hour. We need his heart to regulate itself. His heart rate is looking pretty good. All in all, I think he is doing much better and looks much better.
I was reading in my Bible this morning in the book of John, chapter 5 where Jesus was at the pool at Bethesda, a place where the ill and invalid came in hopes of being healed by the waters. Jesus spoke to a man who for thirty eight years had a disability that caused him to look for a miracle. Jesus asked him, "Do you want to be healed" and the sick man responded to Jesus in a way that makes me believe he thought his healing was impossible because he says "I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me." Then Jesus said "Get up, take up your bed and walk". And at once the man was healed…
I believe that John Asher can be healed immediately; just the same way the man who was lame was healed. I believe that God still performs miracles every day and he will heal John Asher. And while I believe God everyday for a miraculous healing, I also know that sometimes God allows us to suffer for his glory and that through this suffering, others may come to know Him, to know Jesus Christ, the one who offers us eternal salvation. Do I wish God would heal my son right now? Of course I do. But I also understand that his purpose in all this is far greater than my earthly mind could ever envision.
So what are we praying for?
- That God would heal our son so miraculously that the only explanation could be God
- That if he chooses not to heal John Asher immediately but rather over time (preferably a short amt of time), that we can be a witness for the Lord, which we can show the love of Jesus through our love for our son, our patience with the staff and that the light of Jesus will shine through us.
- That John Asher's gut will tolerate his feeds and he will pass them through his system with no problems.
- That he will begin to take a bottle again and not aspirate.
- That his heart rhythm will become regular and they can begin to wean him off his meds
- And mom's personal goal: for John Asher to be home before Mother's Day! We would love to have him dedicated to the Lord on Mother's Day Sunday at our church! What a blessing that would be!
6 comments:
These pictures are precious! Thanks for the update and continued direction on how to pray for your precious boy. Such a cutie! We are praying for a homecoming before Mother's Day.
Gracie was precious in choir tonight. It was so good to have her there. :-)
Love you!
LOVE the happy pictures of John Asher!!!! And, I'm pryaing right with you that he's home by mother's Day!!!!!1 :)
Hi Robyn,
LOVE seeing those smiles:-).
Will be praying right along with you.
God knew (always does;-) EXACTLY what He was doing when He chose you to be John Asher's parents. You all are walking this path with such love, grace, and steadfast faith. You are such an inspiration.
Love and hugs,
Tami
You are such an inspiration and John Asher is so blessed to have parents who love each other very much....but more than that...parents that love the Lord!!
His mercies are new every morning....his timing is perfect....his grace is sufficient....his love is unfailing!!
Praying with HOPE!!!!
Robyn,
Please know that we continue to pray for you all. Love the picture of John Asher's sweet smiling face! So precious! I hope and pray that he can be home by Mother's Day.
blessings,
jennifer
HI! I just found your blog and want you to know that I will be praying for you guys! We adopted our Georgia Mei in August (with unrepaired TOF) and she had her OHS as soon as we landed...our stories are a bit different but I know that journey of ICU etc and want you to know I am praying!!!!!
Blessings on you!!!
Post a Comment