Seriously, only two more days? Somebody, pinch me, please.
One of our staff told me about something that happened in my son's two year old Sunday School class this morning. All the little kids were sitting around the table about to eat their grapes and goldfish and the teacher said, "We need to pray and ask the blessing for our food". My sweet little boy said, "And we need to pray for China, and my baby broder I go see in China". Who says little kids don't get it? Because he totally gets it! Oh my, let me compose myself!
I really needed a spiritual "boost" from corporate worship to get me through the next few days. The men in our precious Sunday School class prayed over Jeremiah this morning and our church family have been incredibly supportive. Jeremiah and I cannot deny the presence of the Lord in this adoption! He is ALL OVER IT! Just today, his Granny called and said she wants to give us money for something we are in need of for the baby. We didn't even ask, the Lord just touched her heart. My goodness, I've been a basketcase all day.
I have just about completed our packing. I have never experienced such stress in packing in all my life. Weight limits, both internationally and China domestic, plus packing for six people, two different seasons, and one picky eater in our family has just about done me in. But I still have my clothes left to pack and am determined to get it done tonight.
I have a HUGE prayer request. Eli started running a low grade fever late this evening and all three have stuffy noses and bad coughs. Two are complaining of earaches. I need a miracle people! I am calling the pediatrician first thing in the morning and begging for an appointment. Please be in prayer for all of us, Jeremiah and I don't need to get this and we really need them significantly better before we board that place Wednesday morning!
2 comments:
Praying your kiddos stay healthy! I've had so many memories of our first adoption come to mind as I've followed your blog (I'm on the CCAIWCP group too). We also took our kids with us, 2 and 4 at the time. We had the special backpacks with surprise treats packed, and I agree the little ones get it more than you think! Her's my blog about it: http://www.theleventhals.com/The_Leventhals/Blog/Entries/2006/7/28_Is_this_China.html
Hope you guys have a great trip, and don't let the packing overwhelm you too much. You can buy stuff in China, and even if you can't find just what you are looking for, you'll be home before you know it! Make sure the necessities are there and the rest you could do without! :) Can't wait to follow along.
Missy leventhal
www.theleventhals.com
I am PRAYING!!!!! Hopefully the pedi will give you just what you need, but I'm just going to pray that everyone just GETS BETTER!!!!!
And, I know what you mean....nothing like corporate worship to help you fill your tank before the trip of a lifetime!!!!
Post a Comment