Friday, February 19, 2010

6

Yesterday involved a little more shopping. Don't get me wrong, I love to shop, but I think I am about ready to be done with shopping for the trip and ready to start putting the shopping into suit cases.
  • I absolutely did not attempt to exercise today, although I did try to fall head first down the concrete steps outside our home. You know, it's just like when I was pregnant with Gracie ~ I fell all the time the closer I got to my due date! Hmmmm…….
  • Madi Beth went shopping with me today. We call it Madi/Mommy days and it means the world to her! And me. It reminded me I need to be more diligent to spend alone time with each of my children on occasion.
  • I am dog tired tonight, but somehow my husband still convinced me to go through our paperwork that we needed to take to China. I mustered up a half hearted smile and got out of bed and we gathered all our paperwork together. Afterwards, I was so glad we did, one less thing to worry about! J
  • We bought travel insurance. So not fun! You know if you buy it, you will never need it. If you don't have it, boy you'll wish you did!
  • I attempted to make a cute header for my blog and get rid of the blue striped background and make it white again. I'm a simplicity girl, too much background noise and I can't concentrate. As you can see, I did not get the banner made. Why does Photoshop have to be so difficult to use?
  • I've been laying in bed thinking about how much I want to lose ten pounds on the China Adoption Diet Plan and how I can keep it off when I return home!

I'll leave you with a prayer request and some pictures. The kids are starting to realize the impact of being gone for so long; missing friends, special events, their home. Please pray that the Lord will give them a peace and make them great travelers (especially the younger two). I would also like to ask you to pray for our son, that the Lord will give him a peace beyond all understanding when he is handed over to us, and that his foster mom, while maybe grieving, will also feel a peace she has never before experienced that this little man is coming into a loving home and that maybe something in this will point her to God.

Before the Atlanta Ballet's production of Cinderella.

After the Atlanta Ballet's production of Cinderella. (Side note: the girls and I LOVED it - they did an amazing job! Eli would have had more fun at a Bulldog Game, but he gave it his best shot!)

2 comments:

Tami said...

I am REALLY enjoying your countdown!! I feel like I'm a part of your final preparation, and your posts are bringing back memories of what I was doing before we left for Sophie....although, honestly...you seem way more organized and are accopmlishing much more than I feel I did;-)...then again we were eating, sleeping, beathing post season all-star baseball with Nathan right up till we left...LOL!!

You KNOW I'll be praying for all you've requested and for your mama's heart to be at peace while you're apart from your babies.

Oh, I wish we lived closer..I'd come over and help, although you definitely seem to have everything under control....better yet, we could just visit and share in all the excitement and glory He is bestowing on your family!!!

Love and hugs,
Tami

Jenna said...

Looks like I'm coming to Altlanta in April....but it will be a whirlwind trip, so I won't be able to visit. :( That's ok, I imagine you'll have your hands full! :)

I CANNOT believe you got up out of bed to go through paperwork. You are a better wife than I. I long ago told Scot that any request made after my head hits the pillow is an automatic "NO". Once I'm in bed, that's it.....my mind is set on sleep! :) Good for you!

I'm praying for you guys!!!!

Thanks for Visiting!