Let the packing commence!
After a beautiful morning at our co-op and a precious prayer of safety and blessings prayed over our family, the trip and our little man by my sweet friend, Jo-anne, we met some friends for lunch at Chick – fil – A (mmmmm, sweet tea, oh how I am going to miss you) and went to a park to play in the Spring like weather! The kids had a blast and I really enjoyed talking with another mom. She was even kind enough to take the girls home with her and Eli went with my mom. What else is a mom left to do with no kids and just five days till China?
PACK!!!!! Just a few suitcases (poor Eli, his room has been invaded with mom's craziness!)
The kids stuff to take with us! Some goes on the plane, some goes in the suitcases for later in the trip!
A sampling of food, medicines and toiletries. The food is primarily for the kids. Ok, more speficically for Madilyn! We don't want her to lose 10 pounds! I was able to get the kids bookbags packed with all their surprises! They are not allowed to open them until the plane is off the ground!
- Mom came over for dinner and we grilled chicken and hamburgers. Oh how I am going to miss my food. And coffee!
- The medicines and toiletries went into ziplock bags and I began pulling the kids clothes. Then I decided packing for the kids was too stressful and I can wait another day.
- I put together the on the plane bag with diapers, medicines, snacks, ect. to get us through the first plane ride.
- Jeremiah even pulled his clothes out to pack!
- Because of my OCD, I wrote down everything I packed so far and will continue too. If I ever do this again I want a list and if someone I know travels, I'll have a list for you! I know, I'm a little scary!
I had some precious time with the Lord as well, praying for our trip, my babies (all four of them), the foster mom and the safety of our trip. I am trying to stay in the word, but I have to admit, I have to make time, because the business of life and getting ready for this trip takes over real fast!
2 comments:
THings are looking like someone is heading to CHINA!?!?!?!?! You will LOVE that you have taken the Peanut Butter!!!! The hotel in Zhengzhou has an italian restaurant in it AND a coffee shop - the coffee was good (Starbucks prices, half the size!) Anyways, my husband ate a PIZZA every night in ZZ and he loved it (MYa refused to eat it though, so be prepared to get some ramen at the 7/11 across the street for your little guy!!
Well, I for one will be a joyful, super-appreciative recipient of your OCD packing list!!!! :) Thank you in advance! The pictures do remind me how much MORE you have to bring when you bring the kids!!
I'm pryaing for you, girl! % days???? WOW......I'm anxiously excited FOR you!!!!
Post a Comment