Sunday, February 28, 2010

Honey, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

We’ve arrived in Zhengzhou! Pronounced JenJoe, Zhengzhou is nothing like Beijing. Aside from the hot, bumpy airplane ride and scary landing, my first impressions of Zhengzhou are not favorable. It is cold; was raining, now snowing and very, very busy and dirty. However, as I type, Zhengzhou is closing their Chinese New Year with the most amazing display of fireworks we have ever seen! They have been shooting off fireworks for the past TWO hours in all different directions of the city. I’m not talking bottle rockets either. These are the big daddy fireworks. I keep expecting to hear “God Bless America” or a melody of patriotic songs and then I remember I’m in China! The fireworks are spectacular and the kids have had their fill of entertainment for the evening! They are all asleep!

We said a sad goodbye to George at the airport. He was a most wonderful, gracious and patient guide and I did actually shed several tears saying goodbye. I wasn’t the only one and the group agreed we would all probably become weepier as the day progressed and it has proven true. Have I mentioned how much I love my travel group? They are an amazing array of people from all over the country. For my personal recollection: We have Kris and Jerry from Maryland and they have a three year old at home; Regan and James and they adopted Sydney from China six years ago and they live in Colorado Springs; Sue and Charlie from Wisconsin (they are not with us in Zhengzhou, their baby is from a different province and we will meet up with them in Guangzhou) and Bob and Susannah from Denver, although Bob is originally from Texas and Susannah from Germany. They are such an interesting, fun couple and they will become parents for the first time tomorrow. Please pray for them tomorrow as they receive their son, Tyler. They are very nervous; although I have a pretty good idea they are going to be amazing parents!

Tomorrow is a big day! It’s John Asher Day!!! Tomorrow Jeremiah and I will become parents for the fourth time, Emilie Grace a big sister for the third time, Madilyn a big sister for the second time and Eli a big brother for the first time! We are really looking forward to tomorrow and as nervous and excited as we are, we are also trying to come into this with some very real expectations. We know he will be scared, we know he will probably be grieving. We know he is going to wonder what in the world is happening to him. But we also know that God is in control and has orchestrated this adoption from the very beginning. We trust that it is all in his hands. We pray that he will give John Asher a peace beyond all understanding that we are his family and he is right where he is supposed to be! We are also praying the same for our biological children, as I am sure they will be just as nervous and now have to share mommy (whom they all have been very attached to this entire trip) and daddy with another little one until he settles in. We ask for your prayers tomorrow. At 10:00 AM Monday morning in Zhengzhou we will be standing in the Registration Office preparing to receive our child. (It will be Sunday night, 9:00 PM EST). I simply cannot wait to share him with you all!!!!

Your comments are being emailed to me through my email so that I can read them each day. They are such a source of encouragement and strength to me and I have loved hearing from you all! Thank you for the prayers, the encouragement and the love you are sending many miles away! You’ll never know how much they lift our spirits to “hear” from home! Please, please keep them coming. My sweet, precious friend Leigh Ann is updating my blog and posting pictures for me while I am gone and unable to access blogger while in China. Thank you so much, LA for taking time out of your day to do this for me.

Two more prayer requests before I go to sleep for the night. 1. My sweet friend Tami from Sea Glass and Jade will be taking her precious daughter, Sophie for surgery tomorrow (Monday). Please pray for them, for the surgeons, for a safe and effective surgery and for Sophie as she is faced with a big surgery at a young age. I love you guys and my prayers are with you! While I am far away, thankfully the Lord is never far away and I know he will be there with you guys in the waiting room, with Sophie in the operating room and guiding the hands of the surgeons! Praying also for a very quick recovery!!! Can’t wait to see how she is doing! (PS – Jenna, will you email me and let me know how everything went?) 2. Pray for Jeremiah and I as we have a big opportunity to show the saving love of our Lord to people around us. Pray that we will be aware of the opportunities he presents us and we will talk about our Lord without hesitation.

Thank you for going alongside us as we experience this miracle of adoption!

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Praying for you all. Emma is so impressed with the GREAT WALL!
Can't wait to see your sweet new one!
Alicia

Leigh Ann Harris said...

Wow! We have so much to pray for tonight...and you can know that I will be lifting you up at 9pm tonight! I am so excited and nervous...but I know God has His hand all over you and J. and the kids and He will provide everything you need for the moment! I love you...give John Asher a kiss from me!

Jeanniemb1 said...

9:00...WOW! Can't wait to hear all about it! We will be praying for you all as you adjust to this wonderful new change in your life! The waiting will soon be over. :-) Love you all!

Barbie said...

Hope you get some sleep tonight! I remember the excitement very well. Can't wait to see pictures of your boy. :-)

Rochelle said...

Just popped in to check your blog updates. Loved reading about your journey so far. Sounds like you are all having fun with the sightseeing. Now, the big day that you've been waiting for is upon you. We are praying for your family including your new son and hoping that your special day is enjoyed by all. Can't wait to see a picture of your family of six all together! Happy Birthday to your sweet little boy, too!

Tami said...

Robyn,

As I type this I'm looking at the time and your less than 20 minutes from meeting your precious son. I literally have butterlies in my stomach!! I will be praying once I finish this comment.

You are so unbelievably sweet to be thinking of Sophie, especially with ALL that you have going on. I don't want you to worry if you don't hear anything on Monday...Sophie's surgery isn't until Wednesday at 1:00 EST.

I'm so happy to hear how wonderful your trip has been so far...Your pitures are great, and it sounds like your making some lifelong friends:-).

Will be praying now for His hand to rest upon ALL of you during this blessed time.

Love and hugs,
Tami

Leigh Ann Harris said...

Hey! I just got off the phone with Mrs. Ellen..we were praying for you at 9pm EST....knowing that you were about to get J.A. Oh my...I am so excited!! I hope you feel the presence of the Lord in this beautiful moment! Love you bunches!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Yes, by the time I hit "publish" on my comment, you will have already met John Asher in that same Civil Affairs building that I sat on the floor in the hallway & held my sleeping daughter a little more than a year ago! Hard to believe! I can only imagine the emotions that are flooding your entire family - lifting you up! can't wait to see pictures!!

p.s. Are you at the Crowne Plaza? I found it a joy that their "motto" was - "A Place to Meet".

Anonymous said...

Hey, Robyn! So happy for y'all, he's absolutely beautiful! I started crying this morning while reading your blog. We're praying for all of you and are anticipating your safe return. Can't wait to see him!!! Bless all of you and congrats on your new addition!

MJ Linder

MJ said...

Okay, Robyn I'm not trying to be anonymous. As you can see I've really went out on a limb here b/c I don't know what in the world I'm doing! Hope you get the msg. and if not, well it's the thought that counts and I'm just a tech idiot!

Jenna said...

Was praying for you today. It would have been 1:30AM on Tuesday morning in China. :)

I will absolutely update you on all things Sophie via e-mail once Tami updates!! :)

I'm getting teary just thinking about what a family all us blogging mama's have become!!! And.....I can't wait to read the gtcha post!!! :) (I made myself read this one first, I didn't even look at the pictures. Who says I don't have self-control???)

Thanks for Visiting!