I said to Jeremiah the other day, "Just because we leave for China in one week, doesn't mean life stops for us". He said, "No, it just accelerates"! So, eight days before we leave, I went to my regular Tuesday morning Bible study
with the ladies at my church, because I need that fellowship right now and desire to remain in the Word now more than ever! It was so apparent that this morning, the Lord and I had an appointment! Beth really sat on the subject of fear and how we let it control us, take root in us and often cause us to miss our calling in life because of self – preservation! Man, did anyone else feel their hiney getting warm firey -hot? I am so right there! And honestly, so much about this pending adoption has been wretched with fear lately and I have allowed Satan to get a foothold in this area. Fears of adjustment, the travel with my kids, the weather, the actual plane ride, the money, bonding, his heart, the list could go on and on! But friends, no more! I gave that over to the Lord and I am looking forward to experiencing this adoption with the freedom of knowing who is in control and if my fears come to fruition, the Lord is still on his throne, is still in control and will be by my side every step of the way! There may be hard times, there may be days I might doubt this calling, but the Lord will prevail and I do not want to miss a divine appointment in my destiny because of fear. Can you tell I needed to hear that Word from the Lord?
I also got to spend some wonderful time with my mom, sister and my two nieces, whom I will miss dearly but can't wait to surprise them with sweet gifts from China. Devin and I attended the consignment sale and scored big with cute clothes, toys and even a little room décor for the girls!
We had Upward practice tonight and as the season comes to a close, I cherish the relationships I have made with these precious girls. Knowing the Lord has used me to make an impact in their lives is priceless and I am humbled!
2 comments:
Robyn,
He has truly renewed your strength!! After I read this post I immediately thought of Isaiah 40:31...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
I remember going through the same emotional turmoil with all the 'what ifs' and doubts as our time to leave approached. God is so good and He never fails! I can hear in your words as you turned to Him for strength He has answered in a big way....
God has been, and will continue to be with you on every step of this journey:-).
I love how you're counting down the days!
God bless!!
(((hugs))))
Tam
I am doing the "Believing God" study right ow, and man, if Beth Moore isn't the Lord's appointment scheduler for women, I don't know who is! :)
I hear you on the fear....and I imagine it only increases when you get to your phase of this process. But, I love 2 Timothy 1:7: God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind.
It's a great thing to just remember that that fear is simply not from God. Once you have set about to do His will, he gives you a Spirit of power, love and a peaceful mind (not a fearful mind). I'm hearing some GOOD things about this Esther study. I might have to do that one next!
Do you have Steven Curtis Chapman's latest CD, "Beauty Will Rise"? I've been finding it a GREAT CD to listen to to remind myself to trust God even when it is scary and hard to do. Clearly my circumstances pale in comparison to SCC's, but the songs still really encourage me and remind me of how trustworthy God is. AND, because the tunes are catchy, I carry the reminders with me all day! It has helped a lot!
I'm praying for you!! So excited to see God work in and through you!!!
Post a Comment