Several moms from our home school co-op went to a home school convention today in Atlanta. Besides having a wonderful day talking and spending time together, I got to do my favorite thing, shop for books! Sounds nerdy, but really, I'm not. I just love books, especially children's books. I bought plenty of those, but I was looking for something for me to read at night. I have been for a while and just hadn't put my finger on it. As I was browsing, something caught my attention. It was this book: The Ministry of Motherhood. Here is an excerpt from the back:
"A mother's day is packed with a multitude of tasks that require energy and time: preparing meals, washing clothes, straightening and cleaning the house, and caring for children. These jobs all are necessary and crucially important. But in the dailyness of providing for a child's physical, emotional, and social needs, vital opportunities for spiritual nurture and training can be overlooked…. Using biblical wisdom and practical teachings, Sally Clarkson shows how you can make a lasting difference in your child's life by following the pattern Christ set with his own disciples – a model that will inspire and equip you to intentionally embrace the rewarding, desperately need, and immeasurably valuable Ministry of Motherhood."
This is exactly what I need and have wanted to put my hands on. I cannot wait to read it and share with you what I am learning and hopefully applying here at home! More to come…I hope!!!
1 comment:
Love the new picture!
Oh please....share with us what you are learning....
I know I have so much to learn!
LA
Post a Comment