Thursday, May 15, 2008

Heartbreaking

If you are interested, here is a news article from CNN that relates the anguish many Chinese parents are faced with as their only child may be found dead in the rubble. With China's one child policy most families are faced with not just losing a child, but losing their only child. My heart aches for them as I pray daily, sometimes more, that God would not allow my children to be taken from me. This is one of my biggest fears, losing my children. However, there is a reason this has occured in China and many parents are experiencing tremendous grief. Some have asked me how this will affect adoptions and I have to be honest and say that I have thought about it. But right now I think the bigger picture is the families that have lost their only child.

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting!