Thursday, February 28, 2008

Reflection of my heart

Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror and think who is this person I've become? I have, and I don't think it's pretty. I'm not talking about the physical apperance or the mirror on your bathroom wall, I am talking about the relfection you give off from the inside. Sin can play such a huge role in who we are when we allow it to define us. Sin can be obvious and it can be sneaky, coming in undercover. That is almost the worst kind of sin to me, when you don't realize it's there until it is on a much grander scale. I've been seeing a lot of that in myself lately. It's not pretty! I'm sure the sleepless nights, exhaustion from taking care of sick children and not getting up early enough to spend time in God's word account for a great deal of my backsliding. I don't like the reflection of my heart that I see coming out in my conversations, my attitudes and my daily walk. I want to be different. I want people to see happiness, joy and most of all, Christ. I want Him to be glorified in my life. But lately I'm just not seeing it or living it. It is more sadness, discouragment and discontent more than anything else. Something has got to change, because I don't even like being around myself! Let's just be honest, who else would want to be around me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do!! LA

Barbie said...

I am sorry you are having these struggles. Being cooped up all winter, having sick kids and such makes it such a struggle to be where we need to be in our walk with Him. But you see that in yourself and that is spiritual maturity. I will be praying for you as you take one day at a time.

Thanks for Visiting!