Sunday, February 24, 2008
797
On Friday we went to Atlanta to have our fingerprints taken again. This is the last step in renewing our 797. This piece of paperwork will allow us to bring an orphaned child from another country back to the USA. It was painless, although I had a baby on my hip this time and my husband was a little stressed because traffic caused us to be 5 minutes late. But still painless. We met another couple adopting from China, their LID being a month later than ours. We discussed the joys of adopting and the pain of waiting. I saw another family there with their little Chinese girl and it appeared they were in the process of their second adoption. All this to say that this minor experience renewed the joy and the pain for me as we wait. While I read about adopted children all the time, check in on other families, the day to day of life takes over and the emotions of this adoption sometimes get pushed aside. But God sends little reminders, like Friday, to renew my excitement and joy and remind me that in the end I will be the mom to a precious little baby needing a mom and a precious little baby will be loved by a mom who has plenty more love in her heart to give!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have found the greatest gift of all in this. KNOWING FOR SURE that GOD is the one in control and HE has a perfect plan for YOUR FAMILY!! I hope you continue to find peace in that. Believe me, when your child is in your arms FOREVER, you will KNOW why you waited the amount of time you did.
Post a Comment