Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Check it out

My campout post didn't publish like I thought it would so check out our great campout below or here!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Hey, Robyn-

Got your message about buried treasure books. The one that immediately came to mind was "How I Became a Pirate" by Melinda Long. Excellent book, but I actually think it is more about pirate life in general than about the buried treasure specifically. It does mention treasure though- and it is one of my favorite books.

Also, from a Christian perspective, there is a book called "Will, God's Mighty Warrior: The Mystery of Magillicuddy's Gold". It talks about the boys wanting to find treasure, but it includes the message of the Bible being a treasure as well. I thought it was a good (if a bit long for Sawyer) book.

There is also a Berenstain Bears book (part of the "I Can Read" series) called "The Berenstain Bears's Seashore Treasure". The plot is perfect for what you are doing! :)

Jenna said...

Oops- I sent my comment off before I was done. I wasn't paying attention!

Anyway, hope those books help! Sounds like a BLAST!! Let me know how it goes- and pictures too.

Maybe someday I'll post pictures of Hawaii!! :)

Jenna said...

Robyn-

I just thought of another "treasure" book: "Russell and the Lost Treasure" by Rob Scotton. It is about Russell the Sheep (I LOVE the book "Russell the Sheep", it is some of the best artwork EVER!) Again, this one isn't about gold and jewels, but something else that is a better treasure: family memories and photographs. Sounds lame, but I LOVE this book!!!

That's it, I think!

Jenna :)

Thanks for Visiting!