Did I ever mention we received a referral a year ago? CCAI called us with the referral of Bai Xaio Feng and she needed surgery to repair a cleft lip. Jeremiah and I struggled so much with this as we were thrilled to have a referral to adopt this precious child, but also just months away from the birth of our son, Eli. The children would be one year apart and I would not get to travel to China as I would have been eight months pregnant. We finally felt the Lord was leading us to send the referral back and give some more time between Eli's birth and our adoption. I can't tell you how hard this was! We prayed over that child that the perfect family would be matched to her and CCAI assured us they would have no problem finding a family for this sweet little girl. Well a year has passed and now that we can look back we know this was how God intended. A complicated recovery after delivery and a few struggles in other areas over the year have assured us that God's plan is perfect and the timing for our baby is coming just as God planned. God Bless You Bai Xaio Feng! We loved you and continue to pray for you!
PS Isn't she just beautiful! I cry tears just now!
1 comment:
Robyn-
Oh my goodness! That must have been a VERY hard decision, but it is so great when you can have the benefit of looking back and being able to see that the Lord had it all worked out ahead of time. There is another family that was blessed beyond measure, I am sure, because they than had the opportunity to adopt her!
So, are you waiting for a SN referral now? Sounded to me from the comment you made on my blog that you are still praying about that. I think it is hard too for those of us that still have young children at home. I just want to make sure we can meet everyone's needs- not just our newly adopted child, but the children God has already blessed us with! That's why we are just going to pray and pray and pray about it!!
She is beautiful! Too bad you don't know what family was blessed to adopt her so you could see how she is doing!!
Jenna :)
Post a Comment