Saturday, March 08, 2008

Housekeeping and Homeschooling

In my desperate internet searches I came across this article titled "How Can I HomeSchool if I can't Keep My House Clean?" This seems to be a point of immense failure for me and it is something I am seriously struggling with! At one time I was a serious neat freak! I could clean a house like nobody's business. But lately it all seems to be falling apart. Toss several factors together such as three children five and under, a very small home that gets easily cluttered and husband who works out of our bedroom and I am one unorganized and stressed Cheif Executive of this home. I don't feel like the Queen, more like the slave that can never catch up. After years of rebellion from "systems" and "charts" I am now ready to pour my life into becoming and organized neat freak again. I can't live like this and be sane. Now, to clarify, my house isn't a pig pen, I just know there is a better way. Surely no one else is like me, but in case you are I found some great websites. Check them out! http://shesintouch.com/ http://www.organizedhome.com/ Wish me luck! (And lots of prayer)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh boy, you are NOT alone!!! In fact, my husband took the kids to his mom's after church today with strict instructions for me to stay home and take a nap. Doesn't that sound so great.....except I can't because after almost 3 weeks worth of illness in this house, I think my home is beyond help. I think we have to move just to start over. :) So, I'm not napping, I'm....well, I'm reading blogs, but I sure plan to start cleaning here any minute!!!

Anyway, I took on a few organizing projects during the last three weeks while we were sick in an attempt to try to control the environment here, and it really helped. Mostly, I tackled cupboards and closets. Strangely, i left all the clutter on table tops and such as is.....sometimes I do things in QUITE a backwards manner.

Anyway, all that to say, I got all my organizing ideas from http://orgjunkie.com Thanks to her, chaos no longer reins supreme in my cupboards and closets....now it's only everywhere else!!! :)

Good luck- post pictures of what you do- before and after. I'd love to see. I'll do the same. Maybe I'll start with my computer desk.

Jenna :)

Jenna said...

OH- here's the salsa recipe. VERY easy, but it does use canned tomatoes! Still tastes fresh though!!

2 cans Rotel (name brand) tomatoes (we use mild)
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 large fresh tomato
1/2 lime (juice only)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
salt to taste

Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Add more ingredients to taste.

I'm not sure this is award winning, but the Rotel tomatoes give it a kick that is addicting. If you don't like hot stuff, then get the mild kind. It's still hot, but it won't send you to the ER! :)

Barbie said...

Oh, you are SO not alone. I love you said you feel like the slave instead of the Queen. That is great! I can never seem to catch up either. I will be checking out that website for sure. Thanks!!

Thanks for Visiting!