Tuesday, June 27, 2006
The Adoption Community
If there is one thing I have learned through the short time I've been a part of this process, it is that the people in the adoption community are some of the most supportive, caring, and big hearted people I've ever known. These precious individuals donate money, sky miles, quilt pieces for a 100 wishes quilt, hold yard sales and auctions to help others raise money and even send notes of encouragment and hope when someone is down. The most interesting thing is that they do not even know each other! However they all have a common bond, they have witnessed the miracle of adoption, either through their own adoption or a close friend or relative. Their unconditional love of a child they've never met is inspiring. Their devotion to the orphans of the world is hopeful. And their selfless giving of their resources and themselves is priceless. These orphans around the world may not have blood relatives, but they have one of the biggest extended families I've ever known.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment