Friday, April 28, 2006

Developing Perseverance

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." James 1: 2-6 I will be reading this verse often and definately seeking God for wisdom for I know it is wisdom that I lack! I have also been doubting God. I've wondered why he would call me to adopt a child. What makes me capable? Can I really handle three children, not just raising them but also homeschooling them? But I haven't doubted the calling. I know I am called, I just don't know why. But I can tell you that I know that without a doubt I will love this child with all my heart. In the whole scheme of things, these paperwork trials are minor. More like aggravating frustrations. I thought I was finished gathering paperwork, but I now need to rewrite our adoption petition, reschedule our fingerprints (ours were scheduled but for the week Jeremiah is in Charlotte), we are having our physicals conducted again and will wait for that paperwork to be completed, and my birth certificate seems to like being in tropical Guam, as it has been gone for a month and I really need to call about it on Monday. Today is referral day for many families across the country. For the first time they are seeing a picture of their baby, finding out the weight, height, and child's birthday. Some are even learning things their baby likes and dislikes. I rejoiced with all of these families as I read their words of excitement. This gave me much encouragement and made me greatly anticipate our referral day. Congratulations to all those families. Gracie went to work with Jeremiah today. It was take your kid to work day at Bank of America. She had a great time. She learned all about transportation in the city. She rode the Gwinnett transit bus to downtown and then the Marta train to a block from Jeremiah's office. Then they walked the block. She even had a lunch date with her daddy. While he worked she colored pictures for coworkers and made lots of friends. She wooed them all! I told Jeremiah she is going to ask about going back real soon! Madilyn stayed home with me and I finished curtains for the girls rooms. All in all it was a good day for everyone. A link for you to view other families who have already made the journey to adopt their child. Click on "already home" on the website page. www.adoptionvoyages.com

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting!