Our first week home has been amazing!
The adjustment has been seamless, although...
the kids are still fighting...........over who gets to hold him next.
Even Eli, who had a very difficult time our first week home from China has blossomed into his role as big brother and doesn't mind John Asher being in our family.
John Asher sits in his booster seat and knows the good stuff comes when he is there! He is still taking bottles and eating pretty well, although I can say his appetite isn't what it used to be.
And for the first time ever, he doesn't scream his head off when in the tub. He finally decided he liked the water, especially when his big sister is there to play with him! Now we will have to see what he thinks about his first hair cut!
Other than meds around the clock, this week has actually felt pretty normal. John Asher is sleeping in his bed all night, playing on the floor without screaming, doesn't pitch a fit when we change his diaper and even went into the church nursery when mommy had to speak in church! He has had a lot of changes and has handled them amazingly well. In so many strange ways, the five weeks spent at Egleston were a blessing. And I believe we are just beginning to see what some of those blessings are.
Mommy had a pretty awesome experience as well. The adoption community is a big family and that has proven true recently in more ways than one! On Saturday morning I was blessed with the opportunity to meet in person a long time blogging friend. We spent the morning chatting away like we were old friends catching up, which really it feels like we've known each other for many, many years. It was interesting to see how much we are alike and how our all our reservations about meeting in person melted away immediately! It seems our husbands were more concerned than we were! :-) Jenna, I had a blast and I thank you for waking up earlier than your body probably wanted after such an exhausting week! I can't believe we didn't take a single picture, but we both thought it would save our dignity not too. However, I now completely disagree as I would love to have a picture of her holding my sweet boy! Praying for you and your adoption sweet friend!
6 comments:
So thankful your week has been a great one! John Asher looks like he is doing great with plenty of people to take care of him!!! What a precious family you have!
Blessings!
Sharon
SO HAPPY that your first week has gone well. With four children John Asher, Eli, Grace, and Madilyn all doing their part to help mom and dad feel like things are going to be OK. It's a miracle how the Beale family has made this journey from China to Georgia.
Yeah for an amazing first week home! All your kids' smiles are amazing! So happy to see everyone happy! Especially Eli & John Asher! Such beautiful boys!
And I would LOVE to see Jenna with your son! She will look great holding her own Chinese son, won't she??
So Precious!!!! I have loved following your blog and have been praying for John Asher and your sweet family. So glad to see him so happy and at home! Praise God!!!
GiGi Pleet
Oh, Robyn- you are so sweet! I'm kicking myself too for not taking a picture. Even if I never posted it anywhere (and I pretty sure I wouldn't have, because MAN, I looked BAD), at least I would have had it!!!
NEXT TIME we'll take a picture! :)
Chinese Sumo Elvis--- that was priceless, and the chocolate bribe failure tells me that little John Asher is not one to fool with. His determined spirit will serve him well as he recovers and takes his place in the Beal family. I have really enjoyed keeping up with your adoption journey, and seeing all the pictures of your family.
Post a Comment