Thursday, October 23, 2008
My ramblings because my husband wants his picture off the main page...
My husband said he really does not want to see his picture everytime I pull up my blog. So here are my jumbled thoughts...I've had lots of blogging ideas but not lots of time to sit and write them in an organized manner.
This week we've spent a lot of time outdoors in the beautiful fall weather, the kids want to play outside all day long and I've been letting them. The leaves have started to turn and the trees are beautiful. We've also been visiting friends with brand new babies, going on field trips to apple orchards and seeing great plays at the Classic Center. But mostly we've enjoyed being home and together as a family. The kids are just beside themselves that their daddy is back home, but Madilyn especially is just giddy with excitement each day as she wraps her arms around her daddy. I am so thankful for a loving father who wants to hugs his children so often! I am also thankful for God's protection over him during the time he was away. As I reflect back on this last month I realize that God had so many reasons for this separation. Each of us learned more about ourselves and the God we serve. I think I realized so much selfishness that existed in me that I never saw before. As I've begun to change that about myself, and allow God to deal with it and change me, I can see how much less stressed out I am with the children, how much calmer our home is, how much easier it has been to homeschool the children and how much less bitter I am toward my husband and my children. It is sad that my husband had to be sent away for a month for me to realize all this, but I am so thankful for this time. I can see how my pride and selfishness and even bitterness could have had a damaging effect on my marriage and my family. It is sometimes difficult to face our sins, but the result is God being glorified when we repent and turn away from those sins and learn to lean on him even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It seems like we learn the most in difficult situations. I am thankful that your husband is home! You are such a wonderful mommy and wife. I am sure this post will mean a lot to your husband.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! Wow!!
I am glad he is home safely and I know you are not taking it for granted!
Love you all...
LA
Scot had to go away for a month when Chloe was only 4 months old. I was nursing, horribly sleep-deprived, and dealing with Sawyer who was having a VERY difficult time transitioning to having a new sister, nevermind not understanding why daddy was gone. It was a HARD month, but in the end, it was the BEST thing that could have happened. My experience was VERY similar to yours, and I think I've been a better mom ever since!
Post a Comment