Monday, October 27, 2008

2 years

Today marks two years since our dossier was logged in with China. What an exciting time that was to get our LID date and know that we were there, in China (in the form of a stack of papers), being obedient to God's calling. I remember making so many phone calls wanting people to celebrate with me! At that time we knew the wait would get long, we knew we were expected to be patient, but we had no idea how God would work in our lives to prepare us further for this child he called to be a part of our family. I can look back and see how we have changed as parents, as a family and as God's children. Our family has also increased by one more. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my sweet little child I have yet to bring home. Not a day goes by that we don't pray for her as a family. We don't know who she is, what she will look like or what her personality will be, yet we love her as if she is already here.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Happy 2 years!!! Quite a milestone, though I hope the China process speeds up and you will be celebrating your child's homecoming before #3 comes around!
Sending hugs!

Jenna said...

Hey- you know what is exciting about that? You may well be entering the year when your child will be born!!! :) I mean, in China adoption terms, you are close......even if it is still a ways away!

We're praying with you for a speed up. I can't help being a little jealous though that 2 YEARS of your wait is behind you!!!

Thanks for Visiting!