Thursday, August 14, 2008
Homeschooling...Week one!
Whew! Our first official week of homeschooling is almost over. I can already feel ourselves getting into a routine and it is so nice. Although, I've just about decided the only way to keep Eli happy during school time is to feed him in his highchair. That boy will quickly move out of the 25% catagory in his weight! About our week...Monday started off a little rocky, Gracie was slightly rebellious in having to give up her playtime in exchange for school time. Actually the entire day was a mess as I fumbled around trying to keep pushing and not give up. Books falling off the bookshelf, burned grilled cheese sandwiches and a very unhappy teething baby (I know, AGAIN!) created more chaos that I usually like. However, we made it and I looked back realizing the Lord was showing me that I can only school with him by my side, I CANNOT do it alone. I must lean on HIS understanding and not my own. I need to make sure we are following HIS paths and acknowledge HIM in all that we do here at home. Today is day four and each day has gotten much better. The girls actually beg to do school (thank you Sonlight!) and cannot wait to read the next chapter in their book. They are looking forward to the games we play, our science lessons and especially the Math. Madilyn is hanging in there like a real trooper, even though she is only four. The real test will begin in about two weeks when I start Gracie on a more indepth program than her little sister and she will have to relinqush more play time. But hopefully by then we will be in such a great routine that it will fall into place. I know that can be accomplished only by trusting in the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
All I can say is I'm in awe of you moms who homeschool! It must be so rewarding and challenging at the same time. God bless.
Post a Comment