We have had a wonderful but very busy couple of weeks. As spring came to a close (not quite officially, but here in the deep South, summer arrives much earlier than the calendar!) we jumped into summer running full speed. Last week alone was the busiest of quite a while! Our church had VBS (Vacation Bible School) and this year's theme: Outrigger Island! It was "based" in Hawaii and the kids had a blast eating island food, making island crafts and singing some awesome songs with island flair! Our VBS motto" Know the truth, Speak the truth, Live the truth!
We also celebrated a big milestone this week. Madilyn turned four! She has turned into a beautiful, smart and funny little girl! We celebrated her birthday on Wednesday with some friends of ours over for dinner. Then on Saturday she had her birthday party with her little friends and cousins. It was simple and HOT! We had planned on having it in our backyard, but by noon the heat was stifling so I had the 10 kids and moms come inside. Yes, it was a little crowded but worth it when I heard Madilyn say today, "Wasn't my friend party so much fun, Gracie?".
My Bible Study also began this week. I had been reading the book "The Ministry of Motherhood" and decided it would be more fun to invite friends over for dessert and coffee and discuss the book together. Eight women were able to attend the first session and I thought it went very well. I enjoyed it and I heard from a few other ladies that they enjoyed it as well. I am looking forward to this week!
As obsessed as I usually am with my computer and blogs, I haven't been on in quite a while. The week was just that busy! So I've got some catching up to do in blog world!
1 comment:
Hey- glad you are back! :) Mike's Pastries- YUM!!!!! Thankfully, we live close enough to Boston to indulge whenever we really have a craving, but far enough away to make it troublesome enough that we don't weigh 300 lbs!!! :) That place makes some seriously sinful desserts.
A girl who loves Buzz and Woody- music to my ears! :) Love the new Barbie bike too- VERY exciting. Sawyer got a new bike for his birthday too. It is such a fun thing to buy a big gift for your child like that, isn't it?
Sounds like life is busy and fun for you these days!
Post a Comment