Sunday, April 20, 2008

Expelled!

I want to write about a movie that has come out but may not be well known. Tonight I went with our church's youth group to see the movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed! I've been studying the book The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel with our youth D Groups on Sunday nights. Lee Strobel makes the case for Intelligent Design and how the beginnings of the universe and human beings can only point to an Intelligent Designer. Those of us that believe in God as the creator of the universe know that HE IS the Intelligent Designer. In this movie Ben Stein researched and discussed how and why well known scientists were losing their jobs and being ostracized from the educational realm because of their research in Intelligent Design. This led him to discover that while we are a "free" country and we are supposed to be "open" to ideas, the idea of teaching Intelligent Design in school is not being allowed! In fact, Intelligent Design is being Expelled in all arenas of science! If you have teenagers I would encourage you to watch this movie with them or before them and then discuss it with your youth. There were a few unnecessary words and graphic images that could have been left out. However, I think this movie made a valid effort to show where America is failing to allow scientists and students of science to truly explore all avenues of science. Something to ponder.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Thanks for the recommendation! That sounds like a GREAT movie. I'd be really interested in it......could I get it at Blockbuster? I really like the stuff Ben Stein does too. I have so often had the conversation with Scot about how America is so open as a culture to accept anything- unless it even hints at being somewhat "Christian" or Biblical. Sounds like this movie is saying the same thing!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to see this.

Thanks for Visiting!