Family and Friends,
This post is long overdue. For months I have written it in my head, thinking any day now I would have a minute. As most of you know, Jeremiah David Elijah was born July 3rd. What a tremendous gift God has blessed us with! He continues to bring much joy to us and is my prize for such a hard pregnancy. I've said it many times, if I knew I could have another baby just like him, I would go through that pregnancy again. However, Jeremiah and I believe God has other spectacular plans for our lives and we are trusting and also resting in him.
These spectacular plans seem to be in a holding pattern. The wait for a referral out of China has lengthened tremendously. What was once a 5-6 month wait has now become a 22-24 month wait and increasing each month. As of today, they have referred babies to couples who are logged in with China up to December 8, 2005. Our log in date is October 27, 2006. So we are still quite a ways out. On a good note, it appears from the Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs that they are now reviewing dossiers from October 2006. This is when they check your application to make sure everything was done appropriately and is correct and if there are any questions they will give us a call. We are praying that everything goes smoothly and there are no problems or set backs! We will know one way or the another in another month or so!
Life seems to be a waiting game, and the saying goes, "Good things come to those who wait" so we cannot wait for the good things to come. That said, we believe God has reasons for this wait, one we've already seen realized and his name is Eli. We are excited about the good things coming out of China for us as well!!!!
Just some funsies... We are finally getting a mini van. Ten years ago I would have never even considered driving one, and now I cannot wait for it to come in! We are expecting it today or tomorrow!!!!!! My sister is also pregnant again and we are so excited about this little one on the way. Madilyn is now taking dance (ballet and tap) and of course she is now all grown up. My mom still lives close by and we are enjoying the fellowship we have with her and the girls love the time they spend at her house.
Well my little blessing is calling for me in his sweet little voice to come pick him up from his crib. Thanks for checking in on us! I will be posting more later, and not taking so long this time!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment