As a child I was afraid of the dark, as most children are. But these days, night has become my best friend. And not because I am getting sleep, which I get very little of. But because it means that in a few hours I get to start all over again. That really bad day I had is all behind me and a brand new one awaits. Reminds me of the Lord's forgiveness. Even when I've done something that I am so embarrassed by, knowing that Jesus forgives and offers me a second chance is comforting, just like the night. So how did all this come about? Eli is cutting his top two teeth and in my experience they are the most painful to cut, next to the molars. So he did not sleep at all yesterday, cried and SCREAMED most of the day and wore both of us out. He ended up nursing to sleep last night and slept in my arms where he was comforted and warm. By this morning, he had rested well and those teeth seem to have eased up (at least for now). So night left yesterday behind and I am looking forward to a better day today. And just like Eli was comforted in my arms, I know I can rest in the arms of Jesus when I need comforted as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are such a great mommy! Love ya! LA
Post a Comment