Saturday, February 10, 2007
Homeschooling
This past week the girls and I traveled to Charlotte to be with Jeremiah while he was on a business trip. I took the opportunity to find some educational activities to do with the girls. We went to a great children's museum called The Discovery Place where there was a room just for their ages for them to explore, create and learn in a variety of situations. They also got to experience science experiments and interact in some hands on learning activities. They absolutely loved it. Another day we discovered a children's library called Imagin On and there they had a three dimensional interactive fairy tale exhibit where the kids got to explore popular fairy tales. Of course there was plenty of time for fun play as well. It was also the perfect opportunity for me to spend quality time with the girls, instead of feeling like I should be doing laundry or dishes. (I find that to be the most difficult part of homeschooling, seperating my work at home from the time I need to be focused strictly on schooling). It was a time that I truly appreciated the homeschool environment and the opportunities I had to watch my children learn and discover. Instead of defending it I embraced it. I am grateful for our decision to homeschool and the time it provides for us to be together as a family. After all, keeping them home in a safe and secure enviornment is just one of many reasons why we chose this course in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment