Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Do you know who is praying for you?
Once again I've changed my picture. I like to keep it looking up to date for my life. This picture reminds me of a place we will be visiting soon. I can't wait to write about it! On a different note, I went to the grocery store today. I know, big news, but this time I got to go ALONE! "Cheers and applause". Jeremiah stayed home with the kiddos while I ran to restock our chicken soup supply for the sick kiddos. A stomach bug has invaded our house! Anyways, while at the store I overheard a woman telling her kids that this store is not a playground and we are to behave, and I do not want you to play in the store! I immediately felt for this frazzled woman of three kids, as those words rang such familiarity in my mind. So I said a little prayer for her as I continued on my way, asking God to give her patience and understanding with those little ones. I was then reminded of a woman at my church who prayer walks every morning at 5:30 am. As she walks around her neighborhood she prays for each home as she passes them. I was struck by how often we may have people praying for us and we never even knew. People interceding on our behalf and taking us before the Lord. What an honor! What an encouragement! And what an inspiration for me to want to continue to pray for those I do not even know and of course my friends and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Beautiful picture!
Sorry you're little ones are not feeling well. The stomach bugs are the worst! Saying a prayer for your children to feel better soon and for YOU and your hubby to remain healthy.
The power of prayer is remarkable!
Love the new picture!
I am praying that you are all better by tomorrow!!
How are you holding up??
LA
I do this a lot.....pray for the guy at the tollbooth, for the lady packing my groceries, that sort of thing. I'm not sure why, but I always feel like I should be praying for these people that are a consistent part of my life, but who I don't REALLY know.
I'm sorry your kiddos are sick. That is no fun. I'll be praying for YOU today!!
Going to the store BY YOURSELF is a huge blessing but knowing that you used that time to be a servant is awesome!! You have really encouraged me to really look for those who need prayer.
Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon.
Just checking in....hope you all are well;-).
Post a Comment