Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Bitterly Cold

My southern Beauties Hi Friends. Boy has it gotten cold here in GA! Predicting snow flurries tonight, we will just have to wait and see. It has been such a blah day; cold, dreary, lonely and very unproductive. I do not like it when I get like this, no desire to clean, cook, homeschool or really get myself dressed. I don't do this very often, but occasionally I get in these funks. Trying to pray myself out of it, but almost feeling to low to pray. So instead I am taking this day minute by minute until I come out of this. So I am going to talk about this new Bible study I began yesterday instead. It is on Heaven: Our Inheritance: How setting our minds on things above will change our investment on earth. It is going to be so wonderful. Diving into God's Word to discover what Heaven will really be like. And training myself to set my mind on things above, not on earthly things. We were created with a longing to be with Jesus, to live in heaven, but because we do not train our minds to focus on God and on eternity we mistakenly believe our longing is for earthly things and desires of the flesh. Oh how this changes my perspective! This study is based on a book by Randy Alcorn called Heaven. I may have to pick it up to read as well! My verse for this week that I will be meditating on is: 1 Cor. 2:9 No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting!