Friday, August 18, 2006

20/10

Many things have taken place since the last time I posted. I turned 30; or 20/10 as a dear friend shared with me. I had a wonderful evening having dinner with friends, nothing complicated. That seems to be my new theme for the 20/10 years, nothing complicated. I want to simplify my life. I don't believe God is complicated. His salvation, his love, his mercy and grace, all are given to us; nothing complicated. I recieved my first bit of good news in my 20/10 years; my I 171-H (or I 797 as is written on the form) arrived in the mail as I was leaving to go away for the weekend. I was so estatic I almost hugged the mailman, but restrained. The following Monday I had it notarized and certified by the county clerk and on Tuesday I took all my documents to Atlanta to the Secretary of State office to have them certified. On Wednesday I put them in the hands of the USPS to be deliverd to the Chinese Consulate in Houston. If all goes well (and please pray it does) this will be my last step in the paper chasing process. We are hoping to now be LID by the first week of October. Georgia football tickets also arrived in the mail. I mention it only because I found it quite entertaining to see men that usually are laid back get so excited and call all their friends to discuss their seats (the same ones they've had for years), the new regulations and start discussing what animal will be sacrificed (cooked to eat)at the first tailgate. A male ritual of some sort? And they think women are silly!

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting!