Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Joy

The Lord has been working things out smoothly for me. I received an email from the dossier department at my agency saying that my Guam took care of everything for me while my Birth Certificate was there. It went through all the appropriate steps so it doesn't have to go back for a second trip! I knew I liked that little island for some reason! Praises to God! On another note, I have been working on finding the joy in all things that apply to my little children. I was reminded by a wise woman in my church that I will look back on these days as the most joyous days of my life. The day she told me I thought she was crazy! I had just dealt with leaving Gracie screaming in the nursery and chasing a bare bottomed Madilyn around as she was pulling her diaper off to try and use the potty. As an exhausted mom I quickly argued back with her, saying surely she found no joy in potty training and screaming kids. But she gently reassured me these days would be the best. I woke up the next day with her words resonating in my mind and decided to look for the joy in all the situations. It really hasn't been that hard. There have been trying days, but I've enjoyed looking for joy, even in changing diapers and in discipline. If these are to be the most joyous days of my earthly life, then I want to make the best of them. My house may not stay as clean, I may not get everything done, but the women of the house are enjoying each other more! Praises to God!

No comments:

Thanks for Visiting!