Saturday, May 06, 2006
Here today...
A precious friend reminded me yesterday that we are only here for a little while. Here today, gone tomorrow. Gone in a flash. What am I doing with my time here on earth? I get so caught up in the day to day stuff, cleaning house, changing diapers, cooking dinner, schedules, routines, including my morning quiet time. But beyond my quiet time, what am I doing for God. His precious gift to me requires nothing of me to receive it. I don't have to work for my salvation, I just have to believe and ask him to be Lord of my life. But the Lord longs that I spend time with him, even beyond a morning quiet time. While my actions do not give me my salvation, I should be reaching out to others whether it is to share my faith or helping someone in need. This world makes it so easy to get caught up in myself, my family, and to forget about others. Self centeredness and worldliness are favored in the eyes of the world, not holiness and selfless devotion to God. I need to daily ask for forgiveness for my worldly actions, my lack of contentment and my constant comparisons. I have often said that I would rather take in a child without a home than give birth to another child and bring them into an already sinful, hateful world. But even in bringing another child into my home I need to be mindful of the kind of home I am providing, ensuring it is a Godly environment. My prayer is that all of my children will grow up to serve the Lord, and that is something I need to begin teaching them in their life now. Pray that God will reveal ways that I can teach my children to serve others in love and devotion to God. One of those precious children just emerged from her room, so I will need to close and be attentive to her needs. I leave you with this verse: Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your sould and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your heart. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deut. 6: 4-9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment