Sunday, January 16, 2011

Where to begin?













Oh my! I haven't been able to blog in forever and the withdrawals...oh my! Thanks to my absolute wonderful husband, I can finally access my blog again! Since there is no real good place to begin, I thought posting a few pictures and details from the last several months would help me find a starting point.  Fall proved to be a time of great adjustment in our home. Jeremiah's lower back pain esculated one beautiful October afternoon and after six weeks of agonizing, debilitating pain, he had surgery to correct the problem. During this time, John Asher responded to the stress in our home with unbelieveable tantrums, withdrawals, seperation anxiety and lots and lots of crying and screaming. The process we've been through is another post in itself, and while we are still working through some of these issues, I can say that the Lord has been faithful, has not left our side and I can see his hand in every area we've dealt with!
We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving with my Mississippi family, many of whom met John Asher for the first time.  Some of these family members had prayed for him faithfully over the last year!
While our Christmas celebrations were kept minimal due to Jeremiah's recovery, we still enjoyed the season and worshipping our Savior.  John Asher's first Christmas at home was memorable, not for all the reasons I hoped, but it seemed that day all of John Asher's issues we had been dealing with came out full force.  In the days that followed, I spent much time in prayer, seeking the Lord for guidance and begging him to show himself in our home, our lives and our son.

The New Year came and so did some resolve.  Through much, much prayer I have seen a turn in John Asher and I praise God for these answers.  While we are still working through some issues, I can see where we have come and how the Lord has guided us and given us wisdom to know how to love and train. 
**Because I am still having a lot of trouble uploading photos, please enjoy them completely out of order and hopefully you can figure them out.**

5 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO sorry to hear John Asher has had such a difficult time with the busyness of the season. We are watching for a trend with SJ tonight~ she has had some really hard nights with crying and being scared after being in a big crowd with lots of stimulation. Praying she doesn't but time will tell.

It was SO great to meet you today and meet your beautiful daughters!!! Hoping you all have a GREAT week!!!
Blessings and Joy!

Reagan said...

Sorry to hear JA has been having a tough time! Alex hasn't hit a rough patch yet so I'm waiting for that to happen. Syd started about 6 months after we got home with her and she still has some anxious attachment issues I think. It's just an up and down thing that always catches us off guard!

Laine said...

Oh I'm so sorry that John Asher has had a difficult time, and I know that means ALL OF YOU have had a difficult time.
We have been having to be oh so consistent with our little Kevin...in discipline and training and everything else under the sun.
Parenting is hard work, but so worth it in the end! This is the kind of work that will LAST through the fire! :)
Bless you!
I'm so thankful your husband is better now...and that John Asher is showing signs of blessed security!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Sometimes it's nice to have the Holidays behind us ;)

John Asher is getting more handsome every day!

Jenna said...

Oh, Robyn....I've missed you! I'm so glad you are back, and I'm so glad I am finally getting 10 seconds to read blogs!

I'm so sorry things have been so rough. You know what they say, once they get comfortable enough to let their most difficult emotions out, you know you are getting somewhere......but that CAN. NOT. be easy. It's so weird being on the "other side" of the adoption journey and understanding on a whole different level what you are/have been going through (even thought so far Cooper has been less difficult).

You know.....if Cooper had picked Christmas day to lose it all, I think I would have been very resentful. I can't imagine how very, very difficult that must have been for you, for Jeremiah, and for the kids. I am so glad you got to go to the "Created to Care" retreat- I'm only sorry that I didn't know about it and couldn't have been there too!

OK....I'm crying now. I'm so sorry things have been so rough for you and that I haven't been able to pray for you. But....I'm starting now! :) One of these days, we need to chat!

You look great tough! :) And it was good to "see" you.

Thanks for Visiting!