Thursday, January 14, 2010

It’s Here!

I know - it has been forever since I posted, but I just can't get my thoughts together enough to post! Trust me, my thoughts are all over the place!

( I can't imagine why...)

We got some good news today, we received our USCIS 797 - our approval to bring an orphan home! CCAI emailed us and it looks like we will travel after Chinese New Year. I am mostly excited about the travel period, hopefully it will be a little bit warmer and it gives me just a little longer to prepare and get the house ready (which I desperately need - where is one of those TLC shows when you need them?) however, we are getting awfully close to his first birthday (February 27th) and we would really love to be with him on his birthday! Prayer request number one!

No new updates from China, although I would LOVE a new picture of him and those sweet cheeks. I think tomorrow I am going to try to get one more care package in the mail for him and his foster parents - some chocolates and lotion and shower gel for the foster parents and maybe a toy or little teddy bear and a photo album for our little guy. Prayer request number two!

I have two plastic tubs that are quickly filling up for this trip. I have not finished our shopping for the necessities, but I am getting close. I really hope the weather is much warmer while we are there, it would make packing so much easier! Prayer request number three! If anyone has any traveling or packing tips, I would love to hear them!

Also, with homeschooling the girls, trying to find a way to make living here with four children feasible (enough beds, space, ect) and also the packing and mental and emotional preparation of bringing home another child, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I am trying my best to stay in the WORD but we are also battling a two year old and sleep schedules so my quiet times aren't so quiet. I am also facing a few health problems. I know this is all Satan and his way of attacking my family and trying to deter us from following the Lord with obedience. This is my final prayer request! :-)

Hopefully I will be posting with TA real soon! J

8 comments:

DiJo said...

Robyn,
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would love to meet you in GZ if it works out!! I will be praying for you, and against the enemy!!

YIPPEE - you are bringing that precious girl home soon!!!!

~Diana

DiJo said...

OK - TYPO... Precious boy home soon. He is sooooo CUTE!!! And, those cheeks... YUMMY

:)

Spencer Breedlove said...

Praying for all the requests you mentioned! We traveled in Feb and was still cold..wear layers..but don't need many clothes...we used laundry service (well worth it). Spencer rolls his clothes to pack more :) Can't wait to see pics with him in YOUR arms!!
Love,
lisa breedlove

Football and Fried Rice said...

Amen! Fight the good fight - you are right in saying you will be attacked - every step of the way! And your little man is WORTH it!!!!

Travel - who's going? I gotta know before I can throw in my 2 cents. :)

Don't give in to the overwhelming sensations - you have a GREATER purpose - it going to be amazingly different!

DiJo said...

Robyn,
What are you hearing? Is your TA in the air.
We did get the heads up yesterday that ours is done and being mailed "soon!" I would love to hook up in GZ! We are going to "beg" for a 3/3 CA so we can leave 2/19.. Let me know!

Diana
dijorouse@yahoo.com

Jenna said...

OH, Robyn.....I'm so excited for you, and can I admit being a bit jealous? :) (In the best way one can be I hope!)

He's adorable, and I cannot wait to follow your journey and to see him in your arms. WOW. I have to pinch myself.....so many of my blogging friends are traveling soon!!!!

I will be praying for you as the day approaches!

Amy Cantilina said...

Hi Robyn! Thanks for sending the link to your blog! He is a cutie pie! I recognize the orphanage director and nanny from the first photo on your blog. Have several photos of Lilly with them as well. Do you think you will try to travel to the SWI while you're there? We did not go, since Lilly was having a rough time adjusting and bonding (she was nearly 3, and it was harder on her than on the younger babies). May all your preparations go smoothly and your travel be safe! Praying that your little guy will be healthy and safe until you arrive to brin ghim home, and praying that he will quickly bond and feel secure with your family. How exciting!

I saw your Henan Kids International link on your blog--I am running the Tallahassee Marathon in just under 3 weeks, and have friends sponsoring me. All the money I raise will benenefit Henan Kids International (Anyang SWI specifically). Seems like I hear of more and more families adopting from Anyang--very exciting!

Blessings,
Amy in FL
Home with Lillian Joy since March 09

Tami said...

Your son is so darn cute!!! I LOVE his expressive eyebrows:-).

Praying your TA comes quickly...but as always, it will be in His perfect timing:-).

Love you!
Tam

Thanks for Visiting!