Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bad Haircuts

Have you ever had a bad haircut? I've had a few in my day! Remember "The Rachel" look? Yeah, I was one of thousands of girls that had to have that cut! Turns out, it was NOT my best look.
It seems we've had a few bad hair cuts around this house lately too! Not too long ago the girls and I went to the pool while Eli napped. Eli woke up while we were gone and his daddy apparently bribed him with a pop pop (code in this house for popsicle) so he could cut his hair! The result: my son looked like he had an uneven mushroom head! What that boy will do for a popsicle! So we headed off to Mr. William to have him fix the damage and give the girls a trim as well. Called it our "back to school" haircuts! Everyone came out looking just precious. Fast forward a couple of weeks and I had to be gone all day for a meeting. Jeremiah had Eli and Madilyn this time. When I got home I thought something looked different about Madilyn's hair but couldn't quite put my finger on it! Just as she got in the tub that night I found a think strand of brown hair on her floor. Thinking (more like hoping) it might belong to a Barbie, I pushed the thought aside. Until I went to wash her hair and it began to fall out into my hands. As the night went on we found more hair. She totally denied anything at first, but after closer inspection, I discover she had cut the entire left side of her hair beginning with the front to behind her ear. Her story? It was a hot day and her hair was itching her face. So she found some scissors in the playhouse and just cut it off. Now it doesn't itch her face anymore, because it's NOT THERE! Turns out, she even cut off a curl or two off of Eli's hair! I couldn't get too angry. I mean as much of a scissor nazi as I am, somehow I did overlook a blue pair left on the loft of the playhouse that she had to climb up on the top of her play kitchen to even find them! So today, we went and saw Mr. William again and had him make his repairs! This was Madilyn before:
and this is Madilyn now!

Not to worry, once we wash it I've been told all the curls will return! I'm praying Mr. William is right!!! I miss those springy curls!

I'm next to get a hair cut and it certainly won't be here at home!

2 comments:

Your Boston firends! said...

Oh my - Perhaps Jeremiah should be forbidden to touch scissors or clippers too.

But hey - that boy is so cute - a bad haorcut is lost on him!

Paul Nancy & Jason

Jenna said...

OH. OH dear.

Jeremiah needs to repent of his haircutting ways and NEVER try that again! :)

And, OH the curls.....you are taking it well. I'M heartbroken about the curls......and I'm not her mom!!!!!

Seriously, you need to post again to let us all know the curls came back. I NEED to know!! :)

Thanks for Visiting!