Sunday, July 18, 2010

Our Rays of Sunshine!

Here in the south, it is hot, humid but best of all, SUNNY! Summer has come and is flying by before my eyes as these precious rays of sunshine have kept me very busy. As evidenced by my serious lack of blogging, I hardly have time to complete a coherent thought, much less type out an actual sentence. So right now, I am ignoring the load of laundry that needs to be put away, the other that needs to be folded, the one in the wash, and the two others waiting patiently for their turn. We also won't mention the toys on the floor, dishes in the sink and a bathroom that needs a few good scrubs. For right now, I just want to focus on the joy the last month has brought us.
(In court for readoption day!)

John Asher continues to bless our socks off. When he is feeling well, he is just the sweetest baby. At 16 months (almost 17) most wouldn't say he was a baby, but every morning at 6:30 when he is taking his bottle we snuggle in the overstuffed chair for a good thirty minutes. Neither of us have any desire to get up, I enjoy holding him and he enjoys snuggling with me! I know there won't be many months before he will be more interested in his independence than momma's arms, so for now, I am soaking it all in. We have also mastered the frog/bunny hop. John Asher started out crawling, realized it was too laborious and began his frog hop which gets him where he wants to go at twice the speed. Just check out the video! Of course, his therapists aren't real excited about this incorrect way of crawling and we've been given instructions to "correct" it. However, his mommy and daddy were more than thrilled at his desire and interest in exploring his world.

Another world he is exploring involves culinary tastes. No more pureed food for this guys, Chick Fil A nuggets, bar-b-q, mashed potatoes, Indian food and sweet tea are just a short list. Anything we offer, he happily opens for, except green beans and peaches. Guess we can't make him all "Georgia". Hopefully he'll grow into the peaches before too long! We are just astounded at how much he loves food now.

Of course John Asher's siblings are just as crazy about him as we are about them. For the most part they've all settled in to our "new normal". John Asher still throws a kink in things every now and then as we try to figure him out and he us, but I must say, the Lord is in this thing we call family and it is obvious he put us together.

The cardiologist seems to think John Asher's heart is looking very good! At our last visit, all his medications were reduced by half, with the hope that he can be off of them if not this month, maybe next. In June his heart was still slightly enlarged so he is keeping a close eye on it! However, we rejoice at all the good news we can get.

I am finding it extremely difficult to blog much these days, but I am hoping to be a little more frequent with it. We've had a busier than expected summer, Jeremiah's traveling has picked up and I've been single mom for more than half the summer. Whoever said having four kids wasn't much different from having three must not have had four young kids. They keep me busy, but it is a good busy and while I hit the bed exhausted, I also thank the Lord for my many blessings which are bright rays of sunshine in my life!

7 comments:

DiJo said...

Hi!!!

Oh my goodness!!! John looks amazing!!!!! What a cutie-pie. He fits in perfectly with your precious family!!!!

I think three is hard... I know four has got to be crazy!!!!

Hugs,
Diana

Leigh Ann said...

Hey Robyn! So glad to see an update...love all of the pictures! That video is so cute...I love the frog hop too! Kiss them all for me!
God is good! LA

Jenna said...

WOW_ he has gotten so BIG. Crazy how fast time flies. I know.....I'm with you, we're ready for school to start back and I'm longing for some ROUTINE! :)

Alison said...

So glad to read how great things are going! JA looks wonderful!! Miss y'all.

The Ferrill's said...

Oh what a GREAT update Robyn! I can sense in your words the joy you feel at having such good days! I feel it too! Praise the Lord John Asher got a good report at the cardiologist! And praise the Lord for fun in the sun days!
Your family is a ray of sunshine!
Hugs,
Laine

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy ReAdoption Day! I absolutely adore the picture of all four of your beautiful kids!

Unknown said...

Found your blog through Jenna Hardy's blog. What a sweet little guy you have! Congrats!

Wanted to let you know about a new Christian adoption website you might be interested in -- www.wearegraftedin.com. Please come take a look and join the forum if you are interested! We need more families like you there!
Kelly

Thanks for Visiting!